Jambands.ca

party by the lake

bONES

any Toronto folks here ever made it to the party in the woods down by Cherry beach?

it happens every Sunday night

I went to the last one

a dj sets up in amongst the trees and belts out some techno/break beats while we groove the night away

a few beers, couple joints and a stem of fungus had us groovin' to some fresh beats

it has a very chill, underground (taking back our public spaces) feel.

people went around and picked up all the garbage, and it was one of the most respectful scenes/party i have been to a long time.

Holy fuck, I can't believe that's still going on. I used to hit that up in High school nearly every weekend. Great place to watch the sun come up, especially when you've consumed healthy quantities of mushrooms.

AS I recall there was a similiar party in High Park on a regular basis too...this would've been 95 or 96 I think.

I'd love to check this out this sunday.. you going Cowboy?

if i'm in town i'll be down there again for sure.

some folks bring blankets, pillows, blow-up air mattresses, hibachi (sp?) bbq's, etc.

last week a girl was there twirling her flaming battons

and everyone is DANCING the night away...grin :)

That sounds like fun. I think this is a good plan for this weekend especially with the Monday being a civic holiday. I am going to try and make it and bring some others along as well.

woah!!! glad you reminded me it's the long weekend!

make that this Monday night, as the party happens on a Monday during long weekends. That would be funny if me, you and jaydawg were the only ones there on Sunday night..hehe