Jambands.ca

Roll Call: JSB in Ottawa 8/13

bradm

On Saturday, August 13, The Jimmy Swift Band (with Folds Of Policy) is playing Mavericks in Ottawa. While their new drummer was with them the last time they played here, he's been out on tour with them now, and done a bunch more shows, so I'm hoping he's much more up to speed with the band (and vice versa), so this should be a seriously fun time. Who all is in?

Aloha,

Brad

Well, I pulled a fast one and had to get out of there quick, sorry I didn't say goodbye to anyone, let's just say I drank WAY too much...

Good turn out for the show, considering many of the skank regs weren't around this weekend.

I'm not much for reviewing a show, but I'll tell you this much...

Folds of Policy was a pretty decent band in my opinion, kinda like a heavier/punkier Grand Theft Bus. They finished thier set off with Synchronicity II which I really enjoyed. (gotta love the police!)

JSB game on, and at this point, I was kinda excited to see a rocking old school show, lots of crazy, dancy beats, but it seems they played all new stuff off an album that they are currently working on, and I didn't dig it so much. Oh well, I was also half in the bag at this point, and I didn't see the end of the show. My feet were sore.

Here's the set list

• Bumps In The Road
  • Drive By
  • Weight Of The World >
  • Ceilidh (Running Thru The Tall Grass)
  • Turnaround
  • Medicine Chest
  • 2 Hands On The Wheel
  • Now They Will Know We Were Here
  • Daisy
  • Turning Of The Tide
  • Ark
  • The '80s Runway Model
  • Road Rage
  • Fool's Overture[1] >
  • Creepin'

[1] Supertramp cover.

The show was just over two hours in all, and I liked it a lot.

Ãloha,

Brad