Jambands.ca

PEI PUNK

Freeker

FOU II stands for the second annual Festival of Us, held in Argyle Shore, PEI. I wish you all could have been there, it was an absolute blast. I am waiting on someone to put up an online album so I can show you some pictures, you should see the flatbed truck stage we had. It was a beautiful clear night in the middle a field with a bonfire and shooting stars all night.

James Quinn happened to be home on the Island with the girl he is playing with now, Stella Panacci, so we did a set together. I had done a gig with them in Toronto last winter before I left, and I absolutely love her music.

Another set of a few Band and Phish tunes with another friend of mine(he dubbed us the "Basement Ninjas")

Another band that I have filled in with before is Out From Under ; always good times, we played for at least a couple hrs straight. The drummer in this band is a good friend of mine and a fantastic drummer named Shane Coady (he's playing drums in the clip of Downtime in the Revolve movie).

I might add that Shane and I were the only rhythym section there so we ended up playing all night (from about 9PM to 5AM).

I might also add that Chris Gauthier, a Rustico native that I grew up with, played quite a bit of lap steel and guitar throughout the night and I think that he may be the smartest, most tasteful guitar player I have ever had the pleasure of playing with- seriously. The lap steel stuff that he did sitting in with Stella (although he had never heard any of the tunes before) was absolutely amazing, I wish we had it taped.

Soooo, at the end of the night, about 4:20 or so, James, Shane, Chris and I drunkenly got up and hacked through a few of the old Downtime cover song staples (i.e., Boogie On Reggae Woman, Chank, Roses Are Free)......there were about 30 hard cores left at this point, the fire was dying down, so shortly after we finished up I shut the generator down.

Man, I wish you guys could have been there, 'twas a blast!! A beautiful night on the Island. Hopefully I'll get some pictures soon.