Jambands.ca

Ear Plugs

bouche

Does anyone have or know of any earplugs that don't muffle any of the music, but offer protection ?

I borrowed a pair of regular ol' squishy ear plugs last weekend while standing beside the sound tower at the AMMF and there is no way I'd ever want to wear those for very long. They just muffle everything.

I always wear plugs to shows. I love music too much to risk the ability to not be able to hear it ever again.

I don't mind the regular squishy ones you get at drug stores, etc, but they do muffle things a bit. I find the best way to get decent hearing protection and hear the show correctly is to cut one of those squishy ones in half with scissors and use a half for each ear. Still protects your hearing, and the shows don't sound muffled.

I always wonder how people can come away from shows with their ears ringing for days and think its a good thing!

Colin

That's a tough one Mike. We use the yellow sponge ones at my station, but that's because the music and bands that we normally feature suck hard. You may look silly, but toilet paper works pretty well if you want to still be able to hear the music without much muffling.

anyone want to do a family order.

ever since Little Feat, i've been looking for earplugs.

I honestly thought i did permantent damage to my ears that night. THey rang for three days afterwards....

NEVER again. definately buying plugs before my next big concert.

Those pro ones are that expensive, i say anyone who wants to look like a dork, while protecting their hearing, contact me....we should do a bulk order...

I have the custom fitted one and their great - I don't use them as much as I should but they let you hear everything, you can also get the in diffrent strengths, they cost about $100.... but a well worth investment....

Originally posted by secondtube:

I honestly thought i did permantent damage to my ears that night. THey rang for three days afterwards....

If they rang at all you did permanent hearing damage to your ears. Can you imagine not being able to hear anything at all, with all of the wonderful music we already have - not to mention the music yet to be made.

I would take a slightly muffled show over that any day. You can always get the recordings which usually drown out the tool on the cellphone next to you anyway, and relisten to things!

Colin

Archived