Jambands.ca

making a good mix, dj styles

DevO

fellow dudes!

i'm looking for a little software advice. i want to make a mix where i can fade songs in/out and blend 'em into each other. dj styles. i don't need any super fancy audio software but just something that works and isn't hard to use. can anyone point me in the right way? thanks!

I use Vegas, a multi-tracker - really any multitracker would work - make a couple stereo tracks, drag 1 song onto first track, second song onto second track...overlap, align/chop/add sfx and mysterious sci-fi samples and you've got a hit. By far the easiest way, you can also apply eq's, delays etc...do some fun stuff. When you are done mix it down to a stereo .wav file, use CD-Wave to cut it up into tracks and yer done.

Otherwise try CD Architect, super easy and you can burn right from the program.

thanks dudes.. but i'm looking for something that has a little more flexibility than nero and isn't as complex and painstaking a process as what you described, tungsten. as for nero, you can choose "fade in" and "fade out" as options and choose the seconds. there's gotta be something out there with a fader bar so that you can manipulate the fades easily. maybe not though!

Cd architect is exactly what you describe and then some. Drop a track, drop the second track, drag it backwards till they overlap, you decide the fade by listening to it, moving the second track...liking it, next track etc. It'll automatically put track markers in but you can adjust them if you want them to be precise...do a google for it, maybe there's some shareware that does the same thing...