Jambands.ca

Well, I'm pissed.

Patchoulia

So back at the end of July, I was offered a crappy-ass job at the "new" company (who took over the company for which I've worked since 2001).

I refused the job and requested the severance package on the grounds that the job they've offered me isn't comparable to the job I had.

The (eventually) agreed they would pay me severance but asked that I stay for a few weeks to help "transition" the team.

So I agreed to that, assured that I would be finished here by August/September at the latest.

Yesterday, the sneaky, sleezy motherfuckers presented me with my paperwork and they're insisting I stay until the end of bloody November to get my goddamn money.

Goddamn shit crap poo assholes cock.

Julia, do you have benefits? Do they carry over from the old company? Fuck them. I'd be busting out the old "stress leave" card if I were you. ;)

You know what's going to happen, right? They say November, but the Christmas box office bonanza is right around the corner and the next thing you know your paperwork has been lost, it'll take 3 weeks to get another copy signed, it'll be March and you'll still be their slave. Call human resources. If you had a verbal agreement, they should honour it. If all else fails, call the labour board and see what options you have. You can't get stuck there sister! Remember, you're taking your act on the road. Who else am I gonna follow around?*

*that's some rhetoric for ya folks ;)