Jambands.ca

Tribute Bands?

Deeps

Green River may never have looked like CCR, but they sure had their sound down.

Is that the Green River with Ken Moores in it? My brother used to work with him in Japan, and I even have a CD ("Random Acts Of Memory") by his Japanese group, "Sugarsnake".

Aloha,

Brad

Green River may never have looked like CCR' date=' but they sure had their sound down.

[/quote']

Is that the Green River with Ken Moores in it? My brother used to work with him in Japan, and I even have a CD ("Random Acts Of Memory") by his Japanese group, "Sugarsnake".

Aloha,

Brad

that's just too funny!

you do indeed have the right green river, and they are a startlyingly good ccr cover band. addressing the original ponderance at the start of this thread, ken was originally motivated by love of the music, and chose to start green river just as mr fogerty released centerfield. suddenly they were booked every weekend and commanding 3 to 4 grand a gig...so the band went with it, and had a very lucrative and mostly enjoyable run, though near the end you could walk in on one of their shows and if you had seen them before, know precisely where in the set they were, and the musicians admitted to basically being bored silly and began to put their money up their noses :)

ken came back from japan and workied with me for a couple of years while he was getting a music career going here. he has since moved to florida with his wife (she's from there) and as i understand is a songwriter and a kept man...

small world...what's your brother's name, brad? i'll mention it to him next time we talk...

I actually met Ken in Japan when I went to visit my brother, Steve, in 2001, so he should remember the Brad/Steve combination. (I just checked, and I even have a CD titled "Alberto's Dream" released under the name "Ken Moores and Other Weirdos".)

And yes, the elves have come out dancing...

It's a world of laughter, a world of tears

It's a world of hope and world of fears

There's so much that we share, that it's time we're aware

It's a small world after all

Aloha,

Brad

These guys were the CCR band I always caught around Hamilton during the late eighties.

The Bayou Boys

With Mike McDonald (frmly Green River)

Some other ones that come to mind were:

Electric Marine Sunshine Band (Hendrix) (Awesome band period)

Screamer - Led Zeppelin

Kashmir - Led Zeppelin

Night Prowler (ACDC)