Jambands.ca

for music/beer/BBQ lovers in Toronto this w/e

Mr. Musicface

Yo all y'all! So here's something for those of you who are looking for a little pre-show fun before either the Wassabi or Burt Neilson shows on Saturday (I'll bet some of you crazy skanks are doing both - personally I'm probably hitting just Wassabi but we'll see) here's something you might be interested in:

The Toronto Craft Beer Show & BBQ Cook-off is happening this weekend at St. Lawrence Market (Jarvis & Front). It's actually going Friday to Sunday, but on Saturday I'll be playing a couple of solo acoustic sets under my real (i.e. non-Sanctuary) name Jay Moonah.

I'll be doing some Uncle Seth and other originals, as well as some fun covers. My sets are at 6 pm & 8 pm, about 40 minutes each. There will be another act in between my sets, not sure who.

In the meantime, come out and sample over 75 beer brands from 20 craft breweries while enjoying some of the best BBQ'd ribs & chicken in North America. Participating breweries are Denison's (that means the classic Growlers Wheat Beer is back!!!), Walkerville, Brick, Cool Beer, Church-Key, Niagara, Cameron's, Steam Whistle, Black Oak, Great Lakes, Scotch-Irish, Magnotta, Creemore, Mill Street, Durham, McAuslan, Trafalgar, Amsterdam, Wellington, Banks Canada (Hart Breweries)

For more information, visit: http://www.michiganbeerguide.com/events.asp?date=6/13/2003

Peace,

Mr. M. a.k.a. Jay

Hey Tooly - I'll be totally honest, I hate dissing Steam Whistle 'cus they support a lot of great music and art events in the community, but personally I think their beer is pretty lame. It just hasn't got a lot of character when you compare it to some of the other micros - I'd drink it ahead of a Blue or a Canadian but that's about it.

I'd highly recommend checking out Denison's Wheat Beer. I lamented the passing of this drink of the gods about a month-and-a-half ago in my "favorite beer" QotD. Fortunately, although the bars and restaurants at the ole Dension's Brew Pub remain closed, their greatest creation has been resurrected and will be available this weekend.

Others that I'll definitely be trying again that I could recommend would include Cameron's Auburn, Niagara Pale, Wellington SPA, and hopefully I can find a few new favorites too! [big Grin]

- M.

quote:

Originally posted by Jaimoe:

I hear you put that harp hack Toots Thielemans to shame.

I would certainly not concur this statement even in my wildest dreams, but it's a nice complement anyway, thanks!

Actually I was lucky enough to finally have a lesson with the great Toronto blues/jazz harp player Carlos Del Junco last week, and the one thing it made me realize is how much I don't yet know how to do on the instrument, and how much more I have to practice and develop before I'd even consider myself to be in the leagues of those great players! Ah well, that's the learning process for you. [Razz]

Anyway thanks Jaimoe, look forward to seeing you at gig sometime and catching up. And thanks PassedOutGuy, hope you can make it, the whole beer-and-BBQ thing alone makes it more than worth your while to come downtown early! [big Grin]

Peace,

Mr. M.

Archived