Jambands.ca

Wicked Kimock Matrix Available

bradm

If you like Steve Kimock Band, the band just made available a wicked-sounding matrix

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=29824

from Oct. 1 in Texas. I've got it on now, and it's marvelous; I think this is the show that's turned me from a guy who likes Kimock and knows how good he is, to a serious fan. (In particular, I hear a lot of stuff that's reminiscent of "Blow By Blow" era Jeff Beck.)

Aloha,

Brad

Yeah! Charlie Miller's recordings are outstanding!

I haven't listened to much Kimock in quite some time. Nice to see he keeps on coming up with new material. I haven't heard any of these songs:

Eudemon

Glad ->

Twinstar

Kickin' Up Dust

Malichi

Are any of these ones huge standouts, bradm?

I guess Swifty'll be gettin an email from me with a new download request! :) Thanks Swifty!

"Eudemon" was good, as is "Long Form Part I" (which is the one that reminded me of Jeff Beck, particularly his "Diamond Dust"). Being instrumentals I've listened to for the first time, I have a tough time remembering which songs were which; sorry. Their version of "Cissy Strut" is a blast, however.

I also did a re-check, and I think Robert Walters (of his 20th Congress) is on keys on this recording (which contributes to its Beckularity: he sounds a lot like Max Middleton at times).

Aloha,

Brad