Jambands.ca

The Complete Annotated Grateful Dead Lyrics

M.O.B.E

I remember coming across something similar in a used book store, but it was just Robert Hunter's stuff, both lyrics and poetry. It also had a big section on "Terrapin Station", and how it came to be, along with parts that weren't used for the song. I think this might be it, but I can't remember, exactly.

Aloha,

Brad

I remember coming across something similar in a used book store, but it was just Robert Hunter's stuff, both lyrics and poetry. It also had a big section on "Terrapin Station", and how it came to be, along with parts that weren't used for the song. I think this might be it, but I can't remember, exactly.

Aloha,

Brad

i've got that book too brad, i think i found it remaindered in one of the big chain bookstores. very cool sort of "pick-up-open-to-a-random-page" sort of reading, and the extra terrapin lyrics are very cool. i don't think i've ever heard the gd do the "full" suite, but i think rh does it solo.

edit to add - the david dodd annotated lyrics project is also brilliant. david gans interviewed david dodd years ago on the grateful dead hour, iirc this was a thesis project. some of the essays he has linked are quite fascinating, and the references in the songs add a whole new layer of ambiguity to already brilliantly elliptical lyrics.

man i miss those guys...

Edited by Guest