Jambands.ca

Way It Is (name that version)

zero

I've got an unlabelled audience recording of the Way It Is on my computer that is obviously Hornsby with some version of the Dead but which. I thought it was a late Dead version proper from his tenure with Garcia but then I am pretty sure a second guitar comes in on lead making me think it was the Other Ones or something. It could have been Kimock which sounded like Garcia to me, then Herring following suit. But did Hornsby, Kimock and Herring ever play together in a line up. I know I'm daft I should know this but what are all you lurkers for anyways.

Guest Low Roller

Booche will know the answer. He's a crackhead... uh I mean deadhead.

If there ever was a Grateful Dead Trivial Pursuit game he would win it every time... while drunk.

But did Hornsby, Kimock and Herring ever play together in a line up. I know I'm daft I should know this but what are all you lurkers for anyways.

No. That was Karan who sounded like Herring (gasp!)

I would bet it's from 2000 Suwanee (sp?) Fla. (great version) but it could be from 1998, not sure if they did Way It Is in '98 though.

The Other Ones - The Way It Is

6/25/1998 Atlanta, GA

6/29/1998 East Rutherford, NJ

7/4/1998 Saratoga Springs, NY

7/9/1998 Burgettstown, PA

7/15/1998 Noblesville, IN

7/21/1998 Las Vegas, NV

8/23/2000 Chula Vista

8/31/2000 Columbus, OH

9/4/2000 Clarkston, MI

9/12/2000 Syracuse, NY

9/23/2000 Live Oak, FL

Hey, I saw it twice in 2000!

Damn, both '98 and '00 Other Ones kicked so much ass it makes me sad.

Yes, even without Phil they kicked ass, Hornsby, Kimock....c'mon.....

I should've known it was Karan not Jimmy, it was a lot more muddled and far less virtuousic (and less southern fried) then his playing. If it helps there was a lot of audible booing on the recording I have at the end of the song but somehow I don't suspect that narrows it down.