Jambands.ca

Lossiemouth Jets (my bro's hockey team)

Esau

Well, some may know that my brother Brad lives in Scotland (UK) and is a propulsion mechanic in the QRAF (Queen's Royal Air Force) over there.

He is currently assisting in coaching a RAF hockey team (when he's not playing for them) called the Lossiemouth Jets.

Although they haven't been winning alot and some of the scores are crazy high in the games that they lose (26-1 etc), but with hockey still in its infancy there and the lack of skilled players its to be expected (alot have never played before), not to mention some of the teams they play are well established with very good players on them.But being the proud brother I am I figured I'd share this.

He's on the far right second row, with a shaved head.

teamphoto05.jpg

And in this picture on the far right second row,second in.

the%20team.JPG

Anyway, I was checking out their website and found an interesting TV news clip.Just scan down to the second picture (seen above) and click on it for the news clip, if any of ya'll are interested.

It also explains abit of whats going on with hockey there (2nd year for it).To me its pretty cool that he's involved with a new hockey team there.(He's not in any of the footage though)

http://lossiemouthjets.co.uk/

I like this....

Hockey Facts of the Month

October = Defencemen

A player with the primary role of defending.

They line up on the blue line as the game starts and will try to stop the opposing forwards carrying the puck in to his defensive zone.

The defenceman will block shots, clear pucks (and opponents) from in front of and around the net. The defenceman will also carry the puck up ice for his team and pass to his forwards, following the play into the attacking zone to help his team keep control of the puck.

---------------------------------------------------

Let's get a jamband hockey team together and travel over there and have an exhibition game with them :wink:

Seeing as hockey is still just taking off there, they don't have a shitload of hockey arenas like we do in Canada.The picture was taken on a curling rink, yes, but as the video shows, they play in & on a normal hockey arena (seemed rather obvious).

Anyway,I wasn't posting this to poke fun at.But do what ya will I guess.Lesson learned for me.

Nothing is being taken personally here.

I'm not sure what ya think my brother is doing other then playing and helping coach.Seeing as he lived in England for 6 years & now has been living in Scotland for the last 4 since buying his home, this has been his first chance at playing hockey since he moved from Halifax in '94 and I just thought it was cool that he was part of it as it gains popularity.

"Hey Bouche do you remember Darcy Cahill?"

Hell yeah!

That boy was a wicked player with a penchant for boozing EXTREMELY hard. He might have had too much pressure put on his shoulders.

I know and WOW could he ever drink. I used to see him at the Silver Saddle all the time and he sure could polish off those buckets of beer.

That deked me outta my f___ing pants in Kingston V's training camp. The thing about him was that not only was he the best stickhandler I ever played against but also the laziest player. He had magic but I also remember seeing him scrapping somewhere on Ontario Street..

Fun player to watch..