Jambands.ca

Deepa Mehta's *Water* Finally Released

Dr_Evil_Mouse

Tomorrow, anyway, and it would be a bit of a hike into Toronto to get to it, but it is nice to see it finally get through to the other side, after all the insanity that went down in its production.

Digging Deepa.

My favourite line from the article -

“I promised myself that I would not do Water again until I stopped being angry,†Mehta says. “I could feel it: I would look at the script and I would get that horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach, of being attacked — like someone knocking you in the solar plexus and taking the breath out of you. When I could think of Water and not miss a breath, I knew the feeling of anger had gone.â€

Makes all those protests over Last Temptation of Christ or Life of Brian look pretty banal.

If you go looking in the video store ( particularly a big chain store ), you may have to look in the foreign section. I was in Rogers two days ago and the cashier told a woman that was in line in front of me to look for Water in the foreign section. I told the cashier that it was a Canadian film.

It's really pathetic. I've also seen The Barbarian Invasions in the foreign section at Rogers too. Fuck Rogers.