Jambands.ca

What a great night of music.

c-towns

Last night was a good night to be in Calgary.

I started off going to see Ridley Bent www.ridleybent.com ,for those of you who haven't heard of him I suggest giving it a listen and checking him out live when he comes to Toronto and Guelph later this month. He was playing with a great group of musicians (including Colin James' drummer) and some hot shot vancouver session players. (not sure if he's bringing them east or not). Check out what has been labeled "hick hop", its sure to be a good time.

The Ridley show ended at around 12am leaving us plenty of time to go see the second set of Grand Theft Bus.

I love the Bus, but I hate when they play at the bar called Brew Brothers here in Calgary. The sound is horrrible (three r's for sure) it sounds so muddy I almost can't handle it. Even with the sound, the Bus were on fire, I don't know if the bands realize what the sound is like to the audience, but it sure didn't look like it.

I heard a killer silence, mannequin, leader and street sweeper, as well as an awesome new tune that really sounded like pink floyd that Graeme sang. (anyone got an idea?)

Dennis was sporting a bitchin mohawk as he beat the shite out of his kit, and they had some dude with shaved male pattern baldness, a cardigan and old man glasses sleeping on the stage throughout the show. All in all a great time, it could have been the single best bus set I've ever seen if it wasn't for the sound.

Thats my story and I'm stickin too it. Poor Buc went missing in action, but he was recovered by morning, everyone is safe and happy.

I heard a killer silence, mannequin, leader and street sweeper, as well as an awesome new tune that really sounded like pink floyd that Graeme sang. (anyone got an idea?)

Was it "OMA" (One Man Army), by any chance? A version can be found here.

Dennis was sporting a bitchin mohawk as he beat the shite out of his kit

I think you mean Bob. Dennis plays guitar and keyboards (GTB bio).

Aloha,

Brad