Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Wassabi Collective in Toronto Sat.

PassedOutGuy

P.S. As was mentioned in previous post, this is at the Tequila Lounge (794 Bathurst at Bloor) NOT at the Rivoli as listed on the Watchtower.

Due to technically complications the jambands.ca folks can't fix the date right now, but rest assured the Riv is NOT the place to go for your Wassabi goodness on Saturday.

- M.

Hey basher - can't say I blame you, I was actually a bit torn myself. The clincher for me (along with the fact my wife LOVED Wassabi at CTMF!) was that we'll likely get a couple more BNB shows in town before Wassabi are back in these parts, including Canada Day CTMF which I'm still trying to get up for at least some of.

Either way, have a loverly evening! [big Grin]

- M.

I got Wassabied last night here in Ottawa, and my recommendation is go to Wassabi. Mr. M's point is a good one: BNB is far more likely to do a show in the GTA in the near future than Wassabi is. Also, a Wassabi show is quite a different experience from BNB; more tribal, more spiritual, much harder to describe than a BNB show.

Aloha,

Brad

Wassabi is definitely a different deal than BNB - both great bands in my books but definitely not a case where if you like one you're gonna like the other. Interestingly, although they aren't extremely synthy, the Wassabi sound is quite electronica-like 'cus of all the mallet percussion and such. This sound definitely isn't for everyone.

I guess the measure would be, if you're feeling tribal-dancey, Wassabi Collective, if you're feeling more bad-ass jam-rocky, Burt Neilson Band. Either way, you can't much go wrong.

I've said it before I'll say it again - gawd I love this city! [big Grin]

- M.

Not even a question: 2 nights of Wassabi... Burt just ain't doing it for me right now. Plus I think the Wassabi shows will have more energy to them than another appearance at the Horseshoe by BNB. The Horseshoe is such a bad venue, especially for a show where you want to dance and groove. It's crowded, hot and generally uninviting... Tequila Lounge is quickly becoming one of my favorite venues in Toronto... lots of room, great sound, and just... cool. If you haven't seen Wassabi, check them out. Bradm is right in saying it would be hard to describe... Was the Ottawa Wassabi taped? If so, I'd love the shns to put up on Direct Connect...

Archived