So it goes...

Lurker

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

because though they are taking away lives' date=' they truly believe they are saving more.

[/quote']

I don't know if for these folks they're really all that concerned about life per se - as I understand it, it's more about working towards the growth in perpetuity of the domain of Islam (dar al-Islam), and towards the elimination of the domain of conflict/infidelity (dar al-harb).

but because Islam is not only a religion, but also a nationality and way of life, wouldn't it be safe to say that they are, indeed, protecting life?

but because Islam is not only a religion, but also a nationality and way of life, wouldn't it be safe to say that they are, indeed, protecting life?

Much of that statement could be applied to Judaism too. But Islam is a nation? Did Chuck D teach you that?

I don't think Suicide bombers see their act as a way of saving lives so much as becoming a martyr on behalf of Islam.

John Miller's 1998 interview with Bin Laden (rather listening to Bin laden's followers ask him questions) sheds more light when Osama says that the reciprocity is what drives the killings..so women and children who die at the hands of a bomber are dying because, at some point in history, muslim women and children have died at the hands of oppressors too.

From my experience, Islam is a way of life and a nationality is like saying Catholicism is the rule here in Canada. It's a lot more casual that you'd think. The bars in Kabul were packed during Ramadan, and the whole rise of Dubai and the sex-drinking-drug culture there is totally contrary to Islam. But it's reality.

AD