Jambands.ca

x

Joan

I got a package that I think is from my Secret Santa, but I'm not sure. See, the package actually had a return address and name on it, of a person I know. Further, there was a note inside signed by the person, so it was obvious the person intended me to know.

The note read

December 2005

Hey Brad,

I ordered a book for entitled "The Complete Manual Of Microphone Positioning" but they sent me this book instead.

The "this book" that's referred to (and the note was folded over the cover of the book, so I couldn't see it until I had pulled the note off) is "The Complete Manual Of Sexual Positions" by Jessica Stewart. (The note went on with some laudatory personal stuff.)

I can honestly say that I have never received a gift of this nature, and that no other gift I have ever received will be put to the use(s) this one will.

I have one request, though: could someone order me a book entitled something like "How To Select And Acquire The Best Microphone You Can" and have a similar mis-ordering occur? As it stands, the gift I received is wonderful, literally: I'm full of wonder about when I'll be able to take full advantage of it...

:)

Aloha,

Brad

i etched the glass. little hobby of mine :)

i also made those choc. covered pretzels...did you eat all those in under a minute!?!

i had a lot of fun putting your package together Megs

I'm glad the glass didn't break in transit, and the tank fit you ok.

i have to thank mooose and weebs (QQC) for giving me some advice on size and style.

this skank exchange is tough when you have never met the person before!

i thought the Lotus goods, Om symbol and incense holder gave the gift a buddha theme to it all.

so [color:red]Merry Skankmas and a Buddha New Year SugarMegs

One other thing needs to be said about my Secret Santa: thank you for making clear it was from you. If it had been a secret, I would probably have dismissed it as a "gag gift", albeit a very good one. Knowing it was from you, and knowing who you are, easily multiplied the fun of it by a dozenfold.

I learned gift-giving from one of the best: my Dad. Although he never wrote it down or anyting, his approach was that a gift should be something to improve the recipient's life. It could be something he or she needs, something that's wanted, or even something to make them take on the glow of an ear-to-ear grin for a few seconds.

Every time I think about the gift I got, I think about my Dad's way of giving gifts, and my already ear-to-ear grin widens just a little bit more.

I thank you.

Aloha,

Brad

Hey Brad,

I was all ready to ship a "microphone" along with the book, but I just couldn't afford the shipping and handling charges! :):D :laugh:

I wonder what your father would have said if he was there when you opened that gift. :)

The gift idea came from your quote in another thread where you stated something like "I, for one, am definitely in favour of multiple doorgasms." That quote had me grinning and chuckling, and it got the wheels turning for my not-so-secret Santa gift idea. I'm glad that the gift had you grinning from ear to ear.

Peace, Mark