Jambands.ca

Little Feat in Calgary last night...

SolarGarlic

So, I had the pleasure of seeing them last night at Mac Hall on the Univ of Calgary campus....part of Jazz fest.

The crowd, to me, was a bit different than what I might have expected...though I really should have known what to expect. No young people. I felt quite young compared to the average person. Its hard to say if this was in fact your typical Little Feat crowd or just another bizzaro Calgary turn out. Hell, I even saw the Flames ex GM Craig Button there. Regardless, people were TOTALLY into it.

The way the room was set up catered to the atmosphere. From the sound board back there were tables set up, leaving a large half moon shaped dance floor. At first I thought this was kinda weird (everything seems weird in the normal world eh? )but later realized that the size of the floor was just enough to pack it comfortably.

Caught the second half of the Stephen Franke Band but don't really have much to report. It wasn't very loud and there was too much crowd chatter...Illl see em again tonight though. THey seemed pumped to be there.

The Feat played a BUNCH of their crowd favs including these, in no order: Dixie Chicken (featuring Dark Star teases, Tenn Jed, Get up Stand up), Spanish Moon, Fat Man in the Bathtub, an encore with Willin' > Don't Bogart That Joint > Willin', a Scarlet Begonia tease somewhere, Skin it Back , and Feats Don't Fail me Now. Those are songs they played for sure. tacket also broke out the tumpet a couple of times....

All in all, a great one!!! Can't wait to do it all again tonight in Edmonton....

Archived