Jambands.ca

What The Thunder Said - Headlines Peterborough

promoter

FINALLY!!!

After two opening slots on higher profile shows Deeps and the crew return for the first of what is to be many headling shows.

Hope to see some of you folks out for this...

Saturday February 4th

The Underdog

WHAT THE THUNDER SAID

The Unionist Ministers (7 piece Peterborough outfit)

10pm

19+

$5

e-mail if you need any more information....

Edited by Guest

You thinks right. Feb 4 it is.

Looking forward to this one. Unionist joined us on a 3 band bill opening for Drums and Tuba.

They're frickin crazy like in the psycho country sense. Purely acoustical and high energy.

Really has to be seen to be understood. I danced on a Tuesday to it! That's saying something.

Hoping she works out alright...little nervous trying to take a lead role out of town for the first time this weekend.

Friday in Toronto and then Saturday in Peterborough. Guess we'll get a taste of something new at least :crazy:

Thanks for working at this Promoter.

By the way....

Promoter=Rob and he's pushing live music from all angles in Peterborough and has been diggin meeting the Jam scene kids and putting on shows for last couple of months, so that's a good thing.

Rob got us an opener for Grand Theft Bus and Drums and Tuba. They were pretty good shows, so hopefully some of the people that were out there liked the thunder and will make the trip down the stairs to the Underdog.

Deeps

PS $5.00

good god man, there are only 2-3 people from peterborough that actually post on this board and we all know about this show. You don't need to bump it every other day.

haha seriously!

where the hell were you when i was there?!?!?

there were like double the number of skanks back a year or two ago ...boogie and princess, friendly, kevO, downtown, mikeyd and me.

sigh... those were the days. i miss peterborough :(

This was an adventure.

Our keys player (Fraser) had been sick all week leading up. He made it (just barely) through our set @ the Gypsy on Friday, but decided if he tried it again on Saturday he'd likely pass right out while playing.

So we brought our friend Matt through the snow and sleet and madness out with us. He'd been playing trumpet with us and told us that if we'd like him to sit in on guitar too he knew our tunes well enough to pull it off.

I was worried if we were even going to make it there through the brutal weather and even if we did make it I had visions of playing to 5 people after all that effort was through, add that anxiety to the definite possibility of having Matt freeze up as he attempted to cram all the parts and arrangements in his head and then transfer between 2 instruments and you had a nervous Deeps sitting in traffic heading east to P-Town on the 401.

Matt ended up being a great fit as he bounced effortlessly from his horn to his guitar, even picking open strings on the guitar while he played his horn.

In short, we've got a 5th full time member now and the show was attended by about 50 people who enjoyed themselves.

Looking forward to getting back out there soon. I like the vibe out in Peterborough.

The Unionist Ministers are cool band of freaks and had people moving by song 2 of their opening set. They are set up with: Banjo, Accordian, Snare Drum player, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, melodica and bass. A blue grassy thing, but more song driven then flying virtuosity on the instruments kind of blue grass; mind you, they are all proficient players of their instruments.

Thanks Rob and Unionist for helping out with the show :) It was fun and a character building experience for the band.