Jambands.ca

The Potion Kings (Kevin Breit content) ...

mark tonin

Stumbled upon this last night ... sorry if it's been posted already ... this sounds really interesting. Taken from http://www.villageidiots.ca/

THE POTION KINGS HOST FOUR CONCERTS IN ELORA

Elora's Village Idiot Productions is launching a Winter Concert Series with The Potion Kings and special guests at Elora's Legion Hall starting January 20.

The Potion Kings are Jeff Bird (bass), Kevin Breit (guitar), Randall Coryell and Howie Southwood (drums and percussion). Taken together, they are four seasoned players with a staggering ability to talk to each other musically. They have been wowing audiences at the Village Idiots' New Years dances for the past three years.

Every time they play is a new adventure, both for the Kings themselves, and for their growing audience. They evoke roots music of every stripe, make random quotations, explore uncharted grooves and play music every way but straight up. Some nights they let the bad genie out of the bottle and some nights they do something else. But what is it?

Individually, they have played with dozens of people we've heard of: The Cowboy Junkies (Bird); Norah Jones, Cassandra Wilson (Breit); Tom Cochrane, Allanah Miles (Coryell); Rawlins Cross(Southwood).

While their sideman credits are impressive, the playing they do as The Potion Kings is what outstanding musicians get up to when left to their own devices. And it is something.

Joining The Kings during the winter concert series are harmonica great Carlos del Junco (January 20), slide guitar stylist Don Rooke (February 24); lead singer for The Cowboy Junkies Margo Timmins (March 24). The special guest for the final concert of the series (April 21) will be announced soon.

----------

So much great music, so little time!

Peace, Mark

How poetic! Beaten to it by the very entity at whom I wished to gently poke fun!

Touche, BradM. Touche. I feel it's appropriate at this point to dub you

Being

Rad

About

Detailed information

Muchly

Shalom,

Thinking about

Having to

Exorcise the need to

Go

Out

Of my way to

Do things to

Razz

Even the most

Veritable of Skanks

How poetic! Beaten to it by the very entity at whom I wished to gently poke fun!

It's good to know I've been an influence on people to find information for others, even if it is largely to compete with me. :)

You also get amazing points for phrasing that in a gramatically correct manner; bravo!

Touche, BradM. Touche. I feel it's appropriate at this point to dub you

Being

Rad

About

Detailed information

Muchly

That be some righteous dub, mon. :)

Thinking about

Having to

Exorcise the need to

Go

Out

Of my way to

Do things to

Razz

Even the most

Veritable of Skanks

There's a future for you here at Bizarrely Rococo Acronym Development & Merchandising. :)

Aloha,

Brad