Jambands.ca

FieldNotes: MW/RG/DD at PJC

Floyd

Another fine night of music at the Pepperjack on Friday night, glad I took the night off. Got there a little early to set up and meet the guys from Rose Garland. I happened to talk to Chuck first, who I found out, was playing his first show with the band. They were also using another guitar player but they were all cool with us jamming with them so it looked like an interesting show was gonna happen.

But first it was time for Mark Wilson. I've seen him many times with TWII, but it was great to hear him play solo and it really set the mood for the night. The only thing I can say is we should have opened the windows and pointed it out on the patio to let the whole town hear him play. Maybe next time. His set was:

1. Sweet Goodbye

2. Angel Of Montgomery

3. Kharma Lita

4. Born At The Right Time

5. Lay Your Heart Down

6. Love The One You're With

7. Me & Julio

Now as I said, the guys from RG were totally into us joining them on stage, so I wanted to be in it from the start, after all I know all of the tunes that they might play. The set started out with a Saint tease so that the guys could soundcheck. Sorry to all of those that wanted more. Then the guys started playing for real:

1. Bertha

2. Friend Of The Devil

3. China Rider

4. Franklin's

5. Eyes Of The World

6 Sugar Magnolia

Sat in for all of them except FOTD. Ricky got up for the China Rider, and stayed for the Frankin's. Ryan got up in the middle of Rider and stayed to the end of the set. And Jonas lended his talent for EOTW. I later asked Dave, the guitarist, what he thought about going from a 4 man band to 7 and he said "I thought too much was going on, until I listened and realized it was all making sense". Thanks for letting us share the stage! We will jam again.

Since half the band (and all of the crowd) was already warmed up, it was shaping up to be a good set for Diesel Dog. The sound was great and our jamming was going to "different places". (anyone else feel the "latin/salsa flair throughout the set???) Here's how it went:

1. All

2. Jungle Boogie

3. Circles

4. Shakedown Street

5. Dirt Road

6. I'll Get To You

7. I'm A Man

8. Fishin' With The Skipper

9. Second Thoughts

10. Life In A Balloon

11. Chico

A big thanks the the showhore for doing sound all night, and thanks to all those (approx. 75) of you who came out to support us and the music! We hope you enjoyed it.

Recording Notes: Some of you may have noticed that I was recording the show on the computer. Mark's set turned out great!! (sweet actually, especially his three originals) RG's and DD's sets have short digi-clipping (as if the CD skipped) in at least one point in each song. The sound is good (SBD&AUD matrix) but this clipping problem might prevent it from getting out to all of you. I am going to give a copy to RG, and I gave copies to the rest of DD, so when I get back we'll decide what to do with it. I'm getting closer to getting a very, very kind live matrix. Be patient, grasshoppers!

Upcoming: I'll be north at the cottage next week for Mags family reunion, but the boys will be playing the salloon gig at Frontier town Friday night. Stay up late and enjoy!!! (If coherent, compile FieldNotes in my absence, please!)

Floyd

damn i wish i had gone down for this, i would have loved to have saw mark play angel from montgomery, i friggin love that tune. and it sounds like rose garlands set was fun as hell, same with the dogs. dammit.

well i got a good excuse, i was gettim some [big Grin]

Archived