Jambands.ca

Cheney gunshot victin has heart attack!

The Chameleon

Cheney's victim suffers heart attack

By JAMES PINKERTON

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

CORPUS CHRISTI — The Austin attorney shot by Vice President Dick Cheney suffered a minor heart attack early this morning when a single birdshot pellet migrated into the organ and caused an irregular beat, doctors said today.

Harry Whittington, 78, has been recovering in a Corpus Christi hospital from a gunshot wound he suffered during a hunting accident Saturday on the Armstrong Ranch in South Texas. He is now expected to remain in Christus Spohn Hospital for another seven days.

"The good news is Mr. Whittington has a very healthy heart. However, some of the birdshot has appeared to have moved and lodged into a part of his heart and caused the atrial (fibrillation) and what we would say is a minor heart attack," hospital administrator Peter Banko said.

Dr. David Blanchard, director of emergency medicine, said doctors were unable to pinpoint the position of the pellet, which remains in his heart. They say they will not attempt to remove it through surgery.

"As far as I know, the BB is in a fixed position and is not likely to travel," Blanchard said. He said the remaining pellets — as many as 150 — in Whittington were not in a position to threaten his heart.

Blanchard said Whittington suffered a "silent heart attack, one with no symptoms, which was noted by physicians at 6:30 a.m. this morning. A catheterization procedure was performed at 9:30 am."

Banko said that White House staff and medical staff were notified of Whittington's condition around 10 a.m. today.

"White House physicians treated Mr. Whittington on the ranch, and have been in involved in some way in his care," said Banko.

www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/3658656.html

------------------------------------------

[color:red][color:black]If this gets anymore serious, Cheney might actually get stern talking to....

So much for the "just grazed him theory". i think John Stewart said it best: "Peppered him? Yeah that's right the vice-president almost seasoned him to death."

Edited by Guest

Ahh I get 'cha. I heard the guy was 78 (like it matters).

Another hillarious headline. This one was from the democratic party web-site bolg: [color:purple]"VP Dick cheney shoots 78 year old man, Bin Laden still at large!"

Classic.

haha!

just caught some of global news - Cheney is now talking about it...although very sombre - he had to address such questions as: why didn't anyone say anything for 24 hours and why was it first reported by the ranch owner.

I flipping hate the d'effect'iveness of the news.

in other news I helped my cat catch some sort of flying creature tonight not intentionally of course I sho'd the flying bug down from the wall and kitty ate it. :o

in other news I helped my cat catch some sort of flying creature tonight not intentionally of course I sho'd the flying bug down from the wall and kitty ate it. :o

Was it a Quail?

yes I think it was a Quail.

Today on my way to work Q107 did a remake of Aerosmith's 'Janey's Got a Gun'

Dick Cheney's got a gun, the safety's come undone...

oh I wish I remembered more. It was humorours for early morning.

You know, if I shot someone in the face while hunting illegally (he didn't by the hunting ticket so by law he shouldn't have been shooting anything, innocent birds or innocent lawyers) I'd probably be in jail by now and there's no way they would have given me 24 hours to sober up.