Jambands.ca

Help - I need moe. 12/30/05 in Ottawa

Hartamophone

Alright, so I'm in a bit of a pickle.

A while ago, I downloaded the entire moe. New Year's Eve run. While I was in the process of downloading, I saw a post on another board from somebody who was looking for 12/30. I wrote him back and set up a trade involving the entire run for ten discs from him. I've hit a major snag, though: 12/30 will not work for me. I've tried downloading from multiple sources, and I don't know if it's my computer or not, but 12/30 is the one show that won't work (convert from flac) on my computer, seemingly no matter what I try. I'm wondering if anyone in Ottawa has a copy of the show on CDR that I can pick up and borrow for a few hours to burn for this guy. I'll happily offer one of my shows in return for this one-evening rental (in addition to eternal gratitude and a cold beverage, the next time circumstances permit).

I really don't want to have to write this guy, who has already sent my discs in the mail, to tell him that the one show he wants, I can't get to work. Any help would be much appreciated. PM me or respond here.

Thanks a lot.

-Hart

I did try all of those. I couldn't download the entire show at once from any of them (and I know I'm not the only Mac user who has had this problem), and so starting last night I downloaded one of the sources (the one with the highest batting average) one flac file at a time. That just finished, and now I can't convert the flac files to AIFF, even though I've tried using two different programs. It seems really odd to me that the etree source I got wouldn't convert, and now all of the Archive sources won't work for just this one show.

Edited by Guest

If no one can help you I'll download it when I get home and make the cd for you. I'm in Ottawa so it's no problem. I just tried the first song and it decodes just fine for me.

Actually, I'm going to download it anyway, can't hurt to add another moe. show to the list.

Dima,

Thanks a lot for the offer. I think, though, that I'll take mattm up on his, since I don't currently have AOL or MSN (for reasons of mass distraction). Sincerely though, thanks.

Matt,

I think you're my new hero. If you're seriously going to download it anyway (and only if you really are - I don't want to put you out), I would love to borrow it for an evening. Send me an e-mail (hartshouldice@hotmail.com) and we can figure something out. And hey, thanks a lot man - very much appreciated.

Peace,

Hart