Jambands.ca

BC's freeflow w/DJ Blend - march 10 @ gypsy co-op hooch

Jay Funk Dawg

I only ever got upstairs a couple of times, usually carrying the risers from the old Monday night Gypsy jams to their homes "at the end of an evening" (with that strange kind of energy that happens to one at 3 or 4 in the morning - ooyeah, whaddya mean there are only three of these?). I kept thinking, fuck me, this would be a sweet place for a night of music :).

My $0.02, as it were ;).

I went up one night for some Hip Hop. Place was capital "P" packed. The air was "smokey" and it was sweaty . Had a real cool, crooked kind of vibe. No tables in the way of dance space. I didn't think the sound was all that great though, maybe only in context of what type of show it was. Perhaps it would be better with an actual band though.

Thanks, Dave! Are you sure you guys can't stop by on your way to the KW? Pretty please!!!

Anyone else going to be around for this...LM, Bethers, Carrie, Slippery, Heidi, etc? Oh.

not me personally....sorry gotta rest up and prepare for Saturday...BUT call me anyway well considering I should make it a weekend celebration starting tonight...hehehe.

Edited by Guest

Carrie, you should seriously consider warming up your liver. You know, some lunges, some squats...get the ol' organ in shape for Saturday. Giving it a sneak peak on Friday for what it's in for on Saturday. Come on...have I ever steered you wrong?*

*note rhetorical question

Damn - I'd just gone and posted on the March 24 thread about hoping to see you tomorrow, Jay. Don't ask :P. Gin is involved. Must be a Kaidy Mae thing - we've had this bottle sitting in our booze cabinet for months now that I've finally broken into, overcoming years of gin aversion (high school memories - ack). KM, you're my "ginspiration".

Anyway. I'm very glad for all your naked dancing amongst the hippies :), wishing I were there too, and hoping to see some people for however long tomorrow; as I put in said erstwhile thread, all I have to do is figure out some place to stash a car.

I can't keep my shows straight. For some reason I thought this one was at the Elmo with HPD opening. Jay, you put on too many shows ;).

Anyway, I'm in town, and trying to decide whether to head to the Gypsy tonight or get the rest of my drive over with. Must eat, and deliberate (I have to confess, though, my sense is that once my energy picks back up again I'll be ready for some boogyin' - plus I miss everybody).

(ps - Will, check your flashing orange envelope if you haven't yet.)

Edited by Guest
Scattered thoughts.