Jambands.ca

Q for college/uni folks

Tooly

for those teachers/students of colleges or universities in Ontario, I got a question for ya'll

Does the college, U that you attend offer a course in Mycology?

do you know anyone doing that course?

is it good? details, if any?

im really loving the mycology lately, and id love to take a course or 3 in it so im more confident, and so i learn more. never have enough knowledge.

any info would be awesome, im pretty sure U of Guelph offers a course, was wondering if anyone attending there knows anyone in the course?

mycology is the study of fungii and mushrooms.

sidenote: i just got some spores from a BRAND NEW strain of psychedilic mush, theyre called Dancing Tigers, all the way from China, cant WAIT to try em out!!

anyways, any help or info regarding the mycology studies would be awesome

thanks

Seriously, though, you can learn about mycology at McMaster as part of their Mecical Microbiology Program:

The first year of microbiology training can include up to six months of bacteriology, 3 months virology and one month of each of mycology, parasitology and mycobacteriology, as well as rotations in clinical infectious diseases. The second year includes infection control, laboratory management, anaerobic bacteriology, media manufacture and quality control, public health microbiology and further experience in the first year disciplines at the request of the resident.

I also know that there's an Agricultural College in Kemptville, Ontario (between Kingston and Ottawa I think), and they're now affiliated with the University of Guelph. I can't find a way to search their site but maybe you want to go through it: http://www.kemptvillec.uoguelph.ca . Good luck dude!