Jambands.ca

Harper's an asshole.

Hal Johnson

Not Jay, the one that runs our Country.

And please excuse my lack of political saviness, but,

my Fiance has informed me that Harpers new childcare plan gives us a grand total of $1200 a YEAR to spend on daycare (or beer and popcorn). Right now we have it covered by the region. If his plan goes through we will have to pay $700/month for said care. With Harpers help, we'll be able to afford about a month and a half. With my whopping hourly wage and the wife in school, I really dont know how were gonna do it. I know were not even close to being alone on this either. IT REALLY PISSES ME OFF. Its an effing joke is what it is. How does someone do this with a straight face? Blah!

Edited by Guest

I hear ya Hal, straight face and all. It's fuckery, alright. The bugger is pandering to the most craven of self-induldent impulses, and it's paying off for him.

I mean, excuse me, libertarians, but goods and services are things that are to be exchanged; let's suppose that we can do this on a collective scale more efficiently than we can on a private one. Let's take taking care of one another's children as an example. People in a community can do this really well in a way that allows the adults within that community to go off and pursue some things really well knowing that their kids are not only in good hands but are also picking up some cool things along the way. Now, let's imagine pawning that whole proposition off because it'll buy the parents... $700 a month (at best - in Toronto, we were paying more at times for childcare than we were for rent).

Call this a culture?

Blah!

;)