Jambands.ca

How do you stay on top of the news?!?

AbeLincoln

So I just got off of the phone with a young and rather enthusiastic telemarketer selling an Edmonton Journal promotion that was being offered to only me and my neighbours on 89th avenue here in town (the exclusivity is quite a sexy sell if you ask me!I was already feeling a tingle).

Coupla funny things:

1) The call was from Toronto... gotta love the world these days, when a newspaper outsources its advertising to a call centre on the other side of the country;

2) When I told him we weren't interested in the newspaper, he asked, almost shocked, "How do you stay on top of the news?!". I mentioned a couple of crazy alternate media sources known as the internet and television. What I failed to mention is that I could really care less about staying on top of the news.

Anyway, good for a Friday afternoon laugh...time to book outta work, methinks. You sods out east have been done the work week for a couple hours now.... i just realized, the poor kid on the call was still working at a quarter to six on a Friday. Hope he's got some good plans for later tonite!

have a good one all,

Abe

How do you stay on top of the news?!

I don't. Well, I mean, I'd like to, but they told me it's bad for me, that it works me up too much. Sometimes, like that thing last year, remember? When I heard about that, man, I just went off, ya know? I didn't mean to hurt anybody, and everybody was OK, well, they're OK now, but the doctors think it's best if I just stick to reading old 'Archie' comics for now...

Aloha,

Brad

1) The call was from Toronto... gotta love the world these days, when a newspaper outsources its advertising to a call centre on the other side of the country;

I like it when telemarketers are from Cape Breton or Newfoundland:

"c'mon bye, ya shud bye dis here paper. it's de ownly way yer gonna git yer news bye."