Jambands.ca

Watermelon Slim Ontario Dates

Jaimoe

Hey, I've just written a review of bluesman Watermelon Slim's latest album and will be submitting it later today: It'll be in the Articles section soon.

This man is the real blues deal. No horns, no clean sound, no over-production and no fucking crap. He's featured on the front of today's Toronto Star "What's On" section and his album, in my opinion, is one of the best contemporary blues albums of the year. I've read that his live perfomances are on-fire and should't be missed.

Here's his Ontario dates:

April:

6 North Bay, ON Cecil's (formerly Wylders)

7 Kitchener, ON Boathouse

8 Toronto, ON Sam The Record Man - 2PM (in store appearance)

8 Toronto, ON Silver Dollar - 10PM

9 Kitchener, ON Boathouse - solo - 3PM

9 Hamilton, ON Pepper Jack Café - band - 8PM

I have been playing his new disc religiously on my show for the past month and a half. It's awesome, raw, slide-abound, deep-down-dirty blues. Just found out that I can't make the Hamilton gig, I'll be out of town, and I'm kicking myself. I will be giving away a pair of tickets to the Hamilton show on the Attic this Friday morning though.

Slim's new band is killer too. Slim plays a National lap-steel, electric slide and a mean harp. His singing voice reminds me of early Muddy Waters. His blues is either country acoustic and delta or dirty electric and Chicago blues. Enjoy!

Graham Rockingham wrote a nice article in todays hamilton spectator on him www.thespec.com

Micheal Pickett is opening at the hamilton show.

He's a bad ass blues-man no doubt.

Vietnam Vet.

Masters degree in education

Truck driver

Played with John Lee Hooker, Bonnie Raitt, Canned Heat(lived with one of the members) ...more

Had his own songs covered by Country Joe McDonald.

Most importantly, he puts on a hell of show!

......he's a piece of work to say the least.