Jambands.ca

ROLL CALL - Black Crowes, London

scottieking

Thanks, guys. I'm leaving the SwissKnife and the multi-tool at home. (I figure it could go one of two ways, because I'm bringing taping gear: I might just get waved through with whatever's in the backpack, or I might have to pull out each and every bit inside it. I hope for the former, but have planned for the latter.)

Aloha,

Brad

i've noticed security is usually tighter in london than most other places i see shows.

that said, i just got a nice easy pat down on the way in, a little tickle of the goodies, and away we went...

it's been said already, but a great show on saturday night. the boys rocked it out heavy duty-like, and i was really impressed with all their jamming.. really loved the guitar players trading off parts, sliding in and out off each other ego-less... and the bass player had my attention a lot on the night, too... really tight band.

thorn in my pride was probably my favourite of the night.. including the jam into it, and the jam in the middle of it.. quite a monster... did anyone else think Remedy was way sped up? felt like it to me.

good times back here after - awesome to see some of you folks i hadnt seen in too long, and always great to meet some new faces, as well. hope you outta towners had a safe drive back.

scottie and paul capped the night with a sweet little roofjam - my highlight being the bluegrassy 'every rose has its thorn' - you're a gem, mr. king.

... and then sunday was a write-off.