Jambands.ca

ROLL CALL - Black Crowes, London

scottieking

Well hows about this shit! My folks picked me up in the Hammer this morning and brought me to London so we could visit my grandma and grampa, on account of tomorrow being Mother's Day and all. Gotta respect the older generations, yo.

The point is I'll be strolling down to the Labbatt centre to see if I can scalp me a ticket to warm up for Tuesday at Massey. Woo hoo!

Here's some of the guitars he was playing last night:

1954 FENDER ESQUIRE

1964 GIBSON ES-335

BLONDE TELECASTER

BLACK CUSTOM SHOP TELE DELUXE

BUTTERSCOTCH CUSTOMSHOP TELE WITH B-BENDER

YELLOW CUSTOMSHOP NOCASTER WITH B and G-BENDERS

EARLY 60'S DAN ARMSTRONG WITH TOM HOLMES PICK UP

GIBSON CUSTOMSHOP FLAME TOP (TOM MURPHY)

ZEMATIS CUSTOM GUITAR

ZITLAU ELECTRIC

1929 NATIONAL DUOLIAN

1968 GIBSON GOLDTOP LES PAUL

JAMES TRUSSART (CUSTOM) 2X

JAMES TRUSSART LES PAUL

JAMES TRUSSART TELE

GRETSCH SEMI-HOLLOW

GUILD 12-STRING

1954 MARTIN D-28

1963 MARTIN D-18

HERITAGE MARTIN OMV 28

1970 MARTIN D-21

1964 MARTIN D-28

GIBSON DOVE

DAN ELECTRO BARITONE GUITAR

CUSTOM SHOP P-BASS

TELE BASS

RICKENBACKER BASS

BURNS BISON BASS

KAY UPRIGHT BASS

SITAR

1944 CHARLIE CHRISTIAN LAP STEEL

1944 CHARLIE CHRISTIAN SEMI ACOUSTIC

FENDER SHOWBUD PEDAL STEEL

BARITONE DULCIMER

STANDARD DULCIMER

Check out his gear page here.

Good times! That was an eye-opener. An excellent show. I really didn't expect it to be that good.

[drool]Oh my god the guitars he played.[/drool]

That sends me over the top with excitement for tomorrow's show! I was expecting to have that reaction at the Congress Centre, much like I did seeing New Earth Mud/Gov't Mule show.

I hope the crowd is a little more alive in Ottawa then the crowd in London. Seemed like half the folks on the floor couldn't care less about being at a Black Crowes concert. Luckily most of those people tasted my elbows during Downtown Money Waster.

Willy, you should check out Rich Robinson's solo album. He does all the guitar, vocals and bass on the album. In my opinion it's the best studio effort from a member of the Black Crowes since Amorica.

I ended up front row centre baby (thanks to my beacon TimmyB). Great view, and great energy. The sound could've been better however, there were times when the vocals got a little lost in the mix. And yes, security was tight... although I managed to accomplish my recreational duties nonetheless.

All in all I had a great time!

Thanks Guigsy for having us over after the show. It was nice to meet some of you folks. Too bad we couldn't stay later for the rooftop party, we were all getting a little sleepy and Rachel had to work.

Saw some guy fly through the window of Pizza Pizza on the way out (ouch)... hope he didn't slice himself too badly... to be fair birds fly into windows all of the time... (???) (ouch)

How was Ottawa? I wish I was hitting TO.

People told me that the Black Crowes rock, and after seeing them for the first time, I agree. I was in the mood for a rockin' show with some solid jams, and the band delivered. A very good show, in my opinion.

I thought the sound was pretty good, especially by about the 4th song. I was standing at the back of the floor section in front of the stage, righ in front of taper Karl.

Thanks to Scott and Scott for the pre and post show hospitality. I also wish that I could have stayed longer after the show, but my Sunday was too full to do so.

Saw some guy fly through the window of Pizza Pizza on the way out (ouch)... hope he didn't slice himself too badly...

Willy and I heard this, and looked back wondering what happened. Yes, hopefully the guy is ok.

Looking forward to this upcoming weekend!

Peace, Mark

How was security at the London show? In particular, were they frisking people and not allowing things like pocket knives in? I carry a (small) Swiss Army knife, and have a multi-tool with my taping gear, so I'm hoping I won't have any hassles.

Aloha,

Brad