Jambands.ca

JIMMY SWIFT BAND and WILL HOGE - Wed May 24 (Casbah, Hamilton)

whiteymuseum

was $10, great show! I enjoyed it better then the CTMF gig....but that may be attributed to the fact that I was dead by sunday night...

3rd taped show for me so far...damn battery box is giving me problems again! I did have to leave after the 1st encore song though, about 1hr 45mins into their set. I assume they played 1 or 2 more songs. They did the Fools Overture to open again...some new stuff too that I dont' recal hearing on sunday.

Did anybody happen to catch Will Hoge's set? I was wondering if he may have mentioned anything about his upcoming shows. In particular, it looked like he was going to be opening for JSB on Friday at Barrymore's in Ottawa (and his name is on the ticket I bought last night), but his website lists him as playing at The Horseshoe in Toronto on Friday (as does The Horseshoe's website). I've tried contacting him through his website, but haven't heard anyting back yet.

Aloha,

Brad

Yeah, I forgot that one. ISTR the calendar also listing Hoge at one point, so my guess is that his tour got re-rigged. Sojourn has opened for JSB a couple of times before, so I wonder if they needed a fill-in at the (close to) last minute, and went with a known local quantity. I'll check with JSB if I get a chance to talk to them tomorrow night.

Aloha,

Brad