Jambands.ca

Disc Golfing

CyberHippie

quote:

Originally posted by Large Marge:

I'd definitely be up for it! They have a whole course set up over there! My sailing club is on the island as well, so we'd be welcome to use the washrooms, beer fridge
[big Grin]
, BBQ, Hammock, whatever! (as long as it doesn't conflict with any official events)

That's awsome! That would make for a great base of operations.

I love the course over there. I've been getting out at least once or twice a week. I'm actually suffering major withdrawl right now, I haven't been over since last Thursday. Stupid rainy days!!

TOTALLY down for disc golf! But...who can give me tips to a place that I can buy a set of golf discs at?? I've been looking for a while, although not too hard...

maybe if we're not a bunch of burnouts, we can organize a pickup game of ultimate sometime too! Or just toss the disc...always up for that - summer's too short not to.

Gouda - Probably the best bet, unless you want to order them online from the states, is to buy them from 'Patty' on the Island. She runs a little unofficial store out of her front porch that sells snacks, golf discs, and beer. Her standard discs go for $16.50, which isn't really too bad. There is also a store on Queens Quay that sells a few of them, I think they only have like 4 different types or something. I'm going for a game tomorrow so I can find out what the store is called. Also apparently Monday nights (except on long weekends) you can buy them out of peoples trunks at the Centennial course in Etobicoke.

Also if you feel like scavenging through the bushes and snorkeling along the water your sure to find a few on the island.

What's the best Day for everyone? Before we try to pin down a week, we should figure out what day of the week is best. Maybe we can get some sort of a consensus. All week is good for me. But I don't imagine that jives with most people's schedules. So... How's a Sunday for all of ya?

Archived