Demsky

THURSDAY JUNE 29TH

----- LIVE -----

THE RAINBOW ROOM

VANDERPARK

TWELVE 34

AND SPECIAL GUEST

-DJ SAUL HAQUE -

We are just wrapping up our eastcoast run and heading back home. Can't wait to rock out Ontario

for more details

visit www.vanderpark.com

peace

I should be there and hopefully vanderpark doesn't go on until a bit later. So far the plan is to watch maceo from the bridge (8:30 start) and then head to rainbow.

So what time is vanderpark palying??

Edited by Guest

Since there's a DJ (whom I think I know; I remember a "DJ Saul" coming out to the open jams at Cafe Dekcuf back in 2003, and I dug hearing him spin and jamming with him) and another band (that I've seen once, but a couple of years ago; ISTR it being agressive rock'n'roll), I wouldn't expect Vanderpark to start until after Maceo is finished.

I'm not sure I'll be at Maceo, because it'll mean I'll have to stop by The Rainbow to drop off the gear (as I doubt the jazz fest will let me bring a full-on taping rig + stand into the fest) before Maceo, and probably bail from Maceo early to get to The Rainbow to get a spot and get set up before the show starts. :(

Aloha,

Brad

Hmmm...that might work. I remember checking with Magellan about dropping my taping gear off at The Rainbow before the show, then heading to Maceo, then coming back. If I got to The Rainbow about 8pm, would it be OK for me to just leave it on the stage somewhere? (It's a backpack + stand.)

Because if Maceo is done by 11:15pm, I might be able to high-tail it to The Rainbow and get set up (though getting a spot might be tough) before you guys go on.

Aloha,

Brad

What gentlemonkey said: they kicked it pretty hard, and from the get-go, it was probably the strongest playing I've heard from them. It seemed as if their recent tour (out East and back) had given them more strength and confidence on stage (not that they lacked it before). They jammed stuff out (the show was one big set, just over an hour and a half), and it was a blast to watch them (esp. Demsky on bass) work within the jams. Their cover of "Fool In The Rain" by Led Zeppelin was spot-on (and even allowed me to finally figure out how to count it).

Between them (2nd last) and Bullmoose (last) tomorrow, people are going to get pummeled. :)

Aloha,

Brad