Jambands.ca

Gratefulfest7 felt like I went to heaven

Baj

WOWzzzERs this was a weekend of many firsts for me

first time to the legendary nelson ledges, you don't know how many times I heard "what you never been to the ledges before?, the ledges is a legend!" said in usually a think ohio accent hehe giggled to myself everytime..but yet so true...the place has everything...treed in camping with total conopy like coverage that made it so cool in there when the beach and stage area was cookin hot. The beach and spring feed quary were absolutely amazing. Found myself just doing the deadmans float listening to the music a number of times. Its one of the best campground/venue I have ever been to.

First time seeing so many of the bands that were there which made it a surprise almost everytime and usally a very fucking awesome surprise :D

Just to name a few of my favs..but all were wicked:

-Cornmeal (prolly my fav bluegrass I have ever heard)

-KETTLE JOE'S PSYCHADELIC SWAMP REVIEW!(Donnas band...which blew me away with "In the heart of me" "FRANCE :O" just to name a few...their whole set was insanely good!

-Rusted Root(have listened to them for years but have never seen them...hope its not my last time

cause they truely brought it!

-The Recipe-WICKED..got a great mini video during their set...everyone dancing on the sand in the sun.

-David Gans - What do I really need to say..heh..it was my first time..loved him big time!

-Hot Tuna- HOT and SPicey :blush: ...they ripped it majourly !!!

and the First time seeing DSO! they definately have this shit down in an erie way!

setlists, except July 3rds which were all audience requests they collected over the weekend:

Show #1,257 - Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at Nelson Ledges Quarry Park, Garrettsville, OH

Performing 4/18/1987 Irvine Meadows Amphitheater, Laguna Hills, CA

Set 1:Bucket> Sugaree, Me & My Uncle> Mexicali, West L. A., Far From Me, Row Jimmy, Let It Grow> Don't Ease

Set 2:Iko Iko> Playin> Terrapin> Drumz> Gimme Some Lovin> Morning Dew> Throwing Stones> Lovelight

Encore: Black Muddy River

Filler: None

Gratefulfest VII - Special guest keyboardist Dan Klepinger - Live Webcast - Also David Gans, Dirty Dozen Brass Band and Boombox

Show #1,258 - Sat, Jul 1, 2006 at Nelson Ledges Quarry Park, Garrettsville, OH

Performing 7/1/2006 Original Setlist

1:Touch, Greatest, Run for the Roses, Mama Tried> Big River, TLEO, Memphis Blues, Catfish John*, Big Iron*, To Lay Me Down, Stranger

2:Eyes> Dancin'> Drums> Space> Jam> NFA> Between The Days> Sugar Magnolia

Encore: Sunshine Daydream**

Filler: None

Gratefulfest VII - Special guest keyboardist Dan Klepinger - *with Bryn Davies - **with Flora Purim & Airto Moreira

Show #1,259 - Sun, Jul 2, 2006 at Nelson Ledges Quarry Park, Garrettsville, OH

Performing 5/13/1977 Auditorium Theater, Chicago, IL (Donna Show)

Set 1:Music, Ramble On, Cassidy*, B. E. Women, Minglewood, FOTD, El Paso, Jack A Roe, L. L. Rain, Scarlet> Fire

Set 2:Samson> Bertha, Estimated> drums> Other One> Stella Blue> GDTRFB> Saturday Night

Encore: U. S. Blues

Filler: Second That Emotion

Gratefulfest VII - Special guest keyboardist Dan Klepinger - *with Donna Jean Godchaux-Mackay

I have seen Keller...and have never been that impressed,especially the last time he was here in toronto...maybe he gives the us fans a little more cause I thought he was amazing for that set.

just an amazing 4 nights, i'll definately return to the ledgendary ledges !!!;) I highly recommend it

also a big thanks to team canada (chared rhomes/hippyrastachild/tigger/afropoppa(aka glowstick child))we conquered the ledges...heres to next time :)

Edited by Guest

Show #1,259 - Sun, Jul 2, 2006 at Nelson Ledges Quarry Park, Garrettsville, OH

Performing 5/13/1977 Auditorium Theater, Chicago, IL (Donna Show)

Set 1:Music, Ramble On, Cassidy*, B. E. Women, Minglewood, FOTD, El Paso, Jack A Roe, L. L. Rain, Scarlet> Fire

Set 2:Samson> Bertha, Estimated> drums> Other One> Stella Blue> GDTRFB> Saturday Night

Encore: U. S. Blues

Filler: Second That Emotion

Gratefulfest VII - Special guest keyboardist Dan Klepinger - *with Donna Jean Godchaux-Mackay

1977-05-13!?!?! I would have lost my shit.

funny you ask..I was just gonna mention how kid friendly it was...there were alot of families in attendance...the beach was the biggest attraction(tons of lifeguards on duty and a roped off area for kids...I saw a whole group of clowns, magicians performing on stage and around the grounds...very kid friendly in my humble opion considering I do not have any children.

I forgot one more nick name for you Afro aka BloodyNuckles :P is your finger broken?

oh and one more thing ... my fav quote from the

weekend "got any more of that heady canadian beer left" everyone wanted one :o

I recommend everyone hit up this festival, and CJ I agree with Baj its really really really really kid friendly. There were TONS of families kicking around (especially during the day) and all the kids seemed to really enjoy it all, my favourite would be when a few kids would start dancing to the music with huge smiles on their faces, great stuff.

Oh and Baj, nothings broken...to enlighten ya'll on the board it was the first day of the festival and I think I had lost Baj and the people we came down with. I figured I'd go swimming and when I started getting out there I saw Baj off in the distance. I got really excited and dove into the water, except I had forgotten for that instant that the water was still really shallow and ended up scraping my knuckles along the rocks on the bottom. When I asked the lifeguard for a band aid he laughed and said I would need more than that and I got golf-carted to the EMTs where they fixed me up nice.

On a side note, these EMTs were funny as hell and always had some good, er "stuff", depending on what you "needed"

Grateful Fest 8 here I come.

I had the time of my life!!!!!! I cannot express how happy and grateful I am to have experienced the magic of the dead. I think I was perma-smily the whole time!! Thanks to tigger for bringing me and to baj and afropoppa for being such awesome guys to hang out with. It was such a good vibe dancing in the sand, jumping off the cliff and grooving to some solid dead tunes. I am in pure bliss!!!