Jambands.ca

Got me a skateboard!

StoneMtn

I just found out from Lassie, that she is on her way to meet a pro-skater to pick up my brand, new board, fully decked out with good wheels and trucks.

Also, and this was at the suggestion of Alexis long ago as I recall, I'm getting a longboard! At the time, actually, I thought that longboards were generally for girls, but it turns out there are special ones that are usually used by girls (I'm reluctant to refer to "women" skateboarding) but the normal ones are just extremely fast, and that's what I'm getting.

Woo hoo!

My next post will likely be a cut-and-paste of an article from our local Whistler paper: "Local Lawyer on Skateboard Collides with Oncoming Traffic".

Wish me luck, Skanks! It's been about 18 to 20 years since I was last a skateboarder...

Sweet. I was on my way downtown to get a board last summer but got a Les Paul instead. I still really want one though. The guys at school here think it's funny when I jump on a board and can do things because I'm old (to them anyway).

Have fun man... :)

i literally will carry my sector 9 where ever i go.

you just never know when you'll find a sweet hill that must be rid.. with that said i live in TO..

for you kids on the west coast.. fuhgetaboutit

i might suggest wrist gaurds as a primary defense. and a brain bucket doesnt hurt none.

with that said..

you were right..

they are for wussies..

i dont use either..

Hey ge-off:

I know nothing about boards these days, but the board I got is actually a Sector Nine.

Apparently a popular longboard.

they are freaking sweet.. http://www.sector9.com/2006

originators and innovators..

the board i have is 7 ply board.. 2 of the ply's are fiberglass.. the board is basically indestructable.

im assuming you have ridin a snow board?

the flex that those boards have.. is almost exactly the same on my board..

do you know the style of the board your getting?

My girlfriend (fiancee) picked up the board last night on her way to Vancouver, and hasn't returned yet. I know it's a longboard, but that's about it.

There are a lot of pro snowboarders / skiers / skateboarders... in this town, so we're getting it directly from someone sponsored by whoever makes that board. He also says that it really does ride like a snowboard, and as you correctly guessed, I have done my fair share of snowboarding over the last few years. (It's pretty much required if you live in this town.)

He also says that it really does ride like a snowboard, and as you correctly guessed, I have done my fair share of snowboarding over the last few years. (It's pretty much required if you live in this town.)

your absolutly gonna love the thing..

anyone who knows me, knows that board goes everywhere with me.. so much so one of my friends wrote a song about it called pussy and longboards.. and im the pussy.

since i started riding alot more.. ive wanted to hit the snake run in BC.. i think its victoria..

its the one with the really high hip banks..

i am envious of you at this moment..

and with what you asked about the protection.. in the past 2 years ive been riding the board.. i have only bailed once..

its all about knowing your limits..

Hey ge-off:

This may be a stupid question, but what kind of footwear are skaters wearing these days?

(In my day, we wore Converse All Stars or Vans slip-ons, despite the fact that both of those shoes are practically just socks with rubber on the bottoms.)

Do people wear any particular skater shoes?

Hey ge-off:

This may be a stupid question, but what kind of footwear are skaters wearing these days?

Do people wear any particular skater shoes?

i personally love to skate in my birkenstocks..

yes yes.. i am pushing the hippy boundary with that.

your not pulling any real tricks so its more just something to protect the bottom of your feet from the grip tape and pavement..

when i do wera shoes i have a pair of SAVIERS. im never gonna buy another pair.. DC has always been a company i trust with footwear..

you should be good with just about anything there buddy..

So far, it's still in pieces, because it came with everything except bearings. I'll get those within a day or so.

It is the model, though, that says on it "Bomb hills not countries". I dig that, and it's oddly appropriate to buy that board this week.

So far, it's still in pieces, because it came with everything except bearings. I'll get those within a day or so.

It is the model, though, that says on it "Bomb hills not countries". I dig that, and it's oddly appropriate to buy that board this week.

i know the board you speak of..

what kinda trucks an wheels did you get with it?

hahahaha I'm so lame that I haven't even checked yet. It's all still in the back of Lassie's car.

I'll letcha know later today, but I'm pretty sure I'm well taken care of. This stuff came from a pro-skater, who we know through friends, so I expect it's good stuff. I'm interested in your opinion, later, though.

Okay, Ge-off:

I finally got my board out of my girlfriend's car, bought some bearings, and put it together.

To answer your question, I've got Crail 8.8 trucks, and 80 mm Kryptonite Krypto Classic wheels.

I tried my board for a few minutes, and I think I might actually survive this. I'll let you all know...

skate.gif