Jambands.ca

What's up with the Jays/Hillenbrand fiasco!

The Chameleon

[color:blue]What is going on in the Jays club house these days!?

I don't know what to believe. I hear that Hillenbrand is the problem, then I hear that the manager fo the Jays tried to start a fight with Hillenbrand and challenged him to a scrap in front of the whole team. What's going on?

Is Sam Mitchell coaching the Jays now or what?!

Anyone?

toronto-blue-jays.jpg

Edited by Guest

It's what the Doctor ordered... they really just need Rios and Chacin back... and AJ Burnett to put two wins in a row...

Gibbons is a old time manager... laid back... Hillenbrand acts like he chases his roid's with a redbull, I guess they just didn't get along. We'll find out where the Jays really are after this four gamer with the Yanks...

http://sports.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca/Home/ContentPosting.aspx?feedname=CBC-SPORTS-V2&newsitemid=jays-hillenbrand-trade&showbyline=True

shea's gone, and vinnie chulk too.

dont know much about the Giants relief pitcher we're getting, but its certainly an area we could use help in.

wonder if this'll give us a few extra bucks to make the Julio Lugo deal more realistic?

Edited by Guest
textually awkwardness

Gibbons is a old time manager... laid back... Hillenbrand acts like he chases his roid's with a redbull,

From what I've seen and heard, I'd say the exact opposite. Gibbons challenged Shea to a fight, and asked him to punch him in the face. Shea replied by saying Im a grown man and have to set an example for my kids. To me, its Gibbons whos on the roids and Hillenbrand who is very laid back.

Plus, Wells said he's gonna miss Shea, is shocked that this happened, and added that Shea was allways laughing.

Combine this with Ricciardi's challenging of the team and Wells's reaction to that challenge, it seems like Management and its players are at odds with each other.

The Jays have played well since the news though. I cant help but be slightley peeved at the fact that they didnt get anything for Shea, and that this move doesnt really help the team in the long run. Merely my own humble opinion though.

Edited by Guest

I see it as Hillenbrand pushing Gibbons to the edge... aparantley Shea had a bit of an off colour sense of humor... most teammates just took it in stride or ignored it, but if you weren't used to it (like upper management, reporters, visitors to the clubhouse), it would catch some off gaurd... Shea just laughed alot at his own numerous jokes... on top of that he's wound up tighter than a jack russell terrier. Finally, he seemed for some reason, trying to commit mutany against his own team... if anyone is suppose to stop that it's the captain of the ship, which in this case is Gibbons... I think he did a great job of nipping it in the bud, and hopefully after a series sweep against the yanks, the bluebirds can make a legit run for the pennant... Stunts like Shea's belong on the Orioles, not a contender...

I've sensed that Wells has been more of a peacemaker in this situation... atleast when it comes between the media and the organization... not saying too much, and supporting both sides, while not denying that there was an actual motive for the move/actions in the first place...

I dont know man, you seem pretty sure of your self, but I just dont think its that cut and dry...Gibbons comes off as Good ole boy who, "Dont take no shit from no one," while Hillenbrand might be guilty of not being as much of a testosterone driven prototypical jock that Gibbons wished he were. But now Im stretching. Guess we'll never really know. Wierd shit though. They gave away a bonafide .300 hitter, one of the better dh's in the league, cuz they couldnt handle his personality...as a fan, that sucks.