Jambands.ca

Zaphod's Question

Deeps

I heard something about Zaphod's having this deal where there's live music for the beginning of the night and then dance club DJ stuff after.

Can anyone elaborate?

We are scheduled to open for Lure on August 19th, so I wondering if anyone will be there to see us...as in do people get out to go to music @ venue or is it pretty weirdly attended.

Side note...anybody want a band for a house party on Aug 19th from Midnight on?

Deeps

IIRC, they have a habit of shutting off the live music at 11pm. You should definitely check with them to see what the schedule is going to be.

I don't think I've seen a show there when they turned it over to a DJ, so I don't know what the early turnout will be (if that's the case that night, which I think it is).

I was actually going to check with you guys, as I want to be there early enough to get set up to record everything. :) (My plan is to see you guys and Lure, and then haul mass to Cafe Dekcuf for Acres and El Beejay.)

Aloha,

Brad

What you heard is true, the show will most likely end by 11 or so so that the dj can come on. They pretty much always do this which sucks as far as I'm concerned but oh well.

I like this whole house party idea although I don't really have enough room at my place for a band as well as people someone should definately do it...

Like brad says though, this could be good this particular nigt as acres and elbeejay are playing too.

As far as my experience goes, the crowd comes for the bands, it gets crowded, the bands end and it gets a bit dead for an hour or so and then packs up again. Zaphods is a pretty popular place, though, so I wouldn't worry too much about a small crowd. That's where the Stones recorded their last video...

Edited by Guest