Jambands.ca

Wildlife is taking back its turf!

StoneMtn

This morning, like most mornings, I pulled into my underground parking space at work, and was proceeding toward the elevator to go up to my office. (Actually, I normally take the stairs, but I stupidly bought a skateboard recently, and have been plagued with a severe injury/limp for nearly a week, now, but that's another story...)

Anwyay, as I was heading to the elevator an Animal Conservation Officer came up to me. He is the same guy who was on the cover of Whistler's local paper just yesterday, in a story talking about ousting all bears from Whistler Village.

This morning, the officer told me I couldn't use the elevator. There is a door that lets you get to the elevator, and apparently a bear was barricaded behind that door, preventing me from using the elevator.

I suspect that this is only the first wave of protests/sit-ins that we will soon be seeing by wildlife. Time for the animals to take back their turf! I knew this time would come eventually.

Look out.

I have bears outside my condo every day. This is just the first official bear protest that I've seen, and I'm sure it is a reaction to Animal Conservation deciding to get tough on our Village Bears. ;) (I work in Marketplace.)

And don't worry huli. The bear will not be harmed. He'll be taken to better digs.

Time for the animals to take back their turf! I knew this time would come eventually.

i'm also kinda wondering how you'd feel about this if the security dude hadn't been there' date=' and you'd ended up in the elevator with the bear...

:P [/quote']

I would have joined the protest; on the bears' side. Unite!

The protests continue. Now the nettles and burdock are involved.

Watch out. Mother Nature's pissed off these days.

I'm telling ya; protests will abound worldwide. Bokonon is just the latest victim. I'll be on the side of Nature. (Always choose the winning team; I say.)