Jambands.ca

Looking for housing in Victoria

Hartamophone

Greetings Skanks,

It's been a while since I've spent much time around these parts, and I don't even know that there's anybody from Victoria on the board much, but I just thought I'd throw this out there.

I'm moving to Victoria in a couple of weeks and have yet to locate housing. I've been going through the usual online channels and have seen a bunch of alright places, but I thought I'd post on here in case anyone knows of any great spots or is looking for a roomate themselves. If anyone can help, it'd be much appreciated.

Peace,

Hart

bassie (or is he phishy k?) is in victoria.

my hometown :cool:

these hippie musician freaks frequent tribe.net. i'm signed onto the site (bassie was breathing down my neck...) but i never go, so i can't really point you to where any rentals might be posted... but i know apartments do get posted by people on that site.

hopefully bassie will see this thread and help you out. or message him even.

also, unlike my experience in ontario, most apartments get listed in the local paper - check out if there are online listings for the times colonist.

(do you know victoria? want more info on neighbourhoods, or do you have a good idea?)

good luck, and happy movin!

you can always try postings at UVIC and/or Camosun College

UVIC off-campus housing listings

this one seems pretty good!

or this one if you're into communal type living

When I first moved to Victoria back in 92 I looked up sailboats for sale and ended up renting one to live in down at Fisherman's Wharf..it was awesome for a country boy from Ontario to be living on the ocean in a 32' vessel :)

...just a thought

Hartamophone:

You'd do best to post on the discussion board at www.upstreamentertainment.com . It's the main west coast Canada board, and has a number of members from The Island(s).

Also, I've known people to live on boats, and they've always regretted it. I'm not saying not to do it, but anyone who I've known has done it only out of necessity, and always complain that everything they own is perpetually damp. (It might be a neat change, though, at least until the novelty wears off.)

Also, I've known people to live on boats, and they've always regretted it. I'm not saying not to do it, but anyone who I've known has done it only out of necessity, and always complain that everything they own is perpetually damp.

I loved it, but I did find it cold some mornings. It was winter however, and I was living on a boat..in Canada!!

cook street village!!!!

that's my favourite 'hood in victoria. lots of little shops and stuff, 10 minute walk from the ocean and downtown.

when i lived on cook my landlord's name was ted jenkins; he ran a few buildings and the one i was in was quite nice, maybe you could try him!

i'm so jealous!!! victoria is a wicked spot.