Jambands.ca

Hornsby Goes Home With Fans

Kanada Kev

Anybody going to the show at the U of Buffalo???

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=7176

Hornsby Goes Home With Fans

Updated 02:59 PDT Wed, Aug 16 2006 Most people leave a concert with a ticket stub and fond memories of the show. Fans who attend selected Bruce Hornsby's concerts this fall will take home a lot more than that.

Hornsby has scheduled a series of solo piano dates starting October 2nd in Minneapolis. As a thank you for their continuing support, ticketholders in most cities will take home a free copy of his recently released 4 CD career retrospective, Intersections: 1985 - 2005.

According to Hornsby's Web site: "Bruce has arranged for each ticket buyer in the series of special solo dates to receive a copy of Intersections along with the price of their ticket (the box set has a retail value of $49.95) and we will have your copy for you at the show (hang onto your ticket stubs!)."

Both the tour and the box set focus on the diversity of Hornsby's music. The three time Grammy winner has worked with a wide variety of artists including Ornette Coleman, Willie Nelson, Chaka Khan, and the Grateful Dead over the course of his 20 year career.

The venue is superb, I have seen Hornsby there twice before.

I agree. I missed Hornsby there the last couple of times, but I did see Ratdog there back in 2000 on a freezing cold night in November. Great sightlines and sound from everywhere. We were lucky and got front row, so we had to shield ourselves from Bobby spit :P

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)