Jambands.ca

I need two Grateful Dead songs.

StoneMtn

I'm moving soon, so I've packed up most of my belongings, and now I need a couple of songs that I can't seem to easily locate on (or by using) my computer.

First, I want a really good Sugar Magnolia that's a high quality live recording. (Any version as long as it's great.) Second, as odd as it sounds, I want a copy of Corrina from Tampa, Fla. in 1995.

Who has these and can transfer them to me somehow?

(I'm thinking that if no one can help me on this basic Grateful Dead request, this site should lose its right to use the term "jambands" in the title.)

What about itunes? don't they have Dick's Picks?

I don't have those shows on CD, but I would recommend Sugar Magnolia 10.2.77 and the Corrina from The Others Ones - The Strange Remain, live album from the '98 tour - better Corrina than any GD version - confirmed.

There's

http://www.archive.org/details/gd95-04-07.sbd.7688.sbeok.shnf

but it's only available via streaming, so you'd have to figure out how to save the stream (which I don't know how to do).

Aloha,

Brad

brad, i have a visual of you streaming this song through your computer, connected to a p.a., with your rig at the other end of the room taping it. thanks!

There's

http://www.archive.org/details/gd95-04-07.sbd.7688.sbeok.shnf

but it's only available via streaming' date=' so you'd have to figure out how to save the stream (which I don't know how to do).

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

brad, i have a visual of you streaming this song through your computer, connected to a p.a., with your rig at the other end of the room taping it. thanks!

nero played Mavericks on Sept. 18, 2004. I recorded it, uploaded it, and burned a copy to audio CD which I gave to the sound man a week or so later. At an even later show, the sound man had it pumped through the PA at Mavericks, at near show volume. My jaw was on the floor: I had only heard it through cheezy PC speakers, crappy headphones, or through my home stereo speakers (which were all but dead) at townhouse living room volume. To hear it blasted through a good system with good speakers was an ear-opener. I actually recorded a bit of it, just as a sound check. :)

Aloha,

Brad

Alright time to rib BradM.

Another member of this board, who can reveal himself if he so chooses, has helped me out by capturing the streaming Corrina.

Now, Brad ... are you embarrassed yet that your computer/audio/technological abilities have been so completely shown up? ;) Not impressed, Mr. M. :P

Now, Brad ... are you embarrassed yet that your computer/audio/technological abilities have been so completely shown up? ;) Not impressed, Mr. M. :P

Embarrassed? Nope. I've never held myself up an "expert" in the field of computer audio. I may have demonstrated certain skills, and been the provider of information, in that area, but I know the limits of my abilities, skills, and knowledge, and fully admit there are others out there who know things I don't and can do things I can't. I strive to under-promise and over-deliver. As for being "completely shown up", well, I won't speculate about the connections between that opinion, the idea that this community has anything at all to do with "getting shown up", and your chosen profession. ;)

Aloha,

Brad