Jambands.ca

Free Souljazz Orchestra in Ottawa on Friday

bradm

Souljazz Orchestra is playing on the Sparks Street Mall in Ottawa (between Metcalfe and O'Connor) on Friday, Aug. 25, from 7pm to 10pm (probably three sets, each about 40-odd minutes). The weather looks good for tomorrow, so this should be a fun time, and will be a good chance to see these guys. Last time they played there, they did a lot of jazz (including standards like "A Night In Tunisia") and latin stuff, which was perfect music for strolling around downtown on a summer evening.

Anybody else up for this?

Aloha,

Brad

Bump. They were hitting on all cylinders last night, so it'll be interesting to see how tonight's performance compares to it: the Babylon shows tend to focus on the strongly rhythmic stuff (funk and afrobeat), while the Sparks Street Mall and Clarendon Court shows have leaned more towards jazz and latin. (And it's free!)

Aloha,

Brad

Well, since the stage is set up in/on the Mall itself, there's no cover, and really no place to consume/get booze (as that section of the Mall isn't licensed). (There's a bistro right beside the stage, but CJ and DEM and I went there for a beer last time, and got charged $8 for a pint, including tax. :( Needless to say, I won't be giving that place any more of my money.)

There is, however, an ice cream stand right behind the stage...

Aloha,

Brad