Jambands.ca

Dilana and Magni are coming to Ottawa!!

ollie

Dude, no worries ... Through my connection, i'll be front row at the gig at Shea's Buffalo! :) It's on a Saturday night ... road trip it buddy.

That house band is friggin' awesome.

I feel no guilt because there's always someone around here to trump my reality TV geekdom... like you CROSSING A BORDER to see this. ;):P

Gonna be an interesting crowd... about half the people in my office have already expressed interest in attending.

I feel no guilt because there's always someone around here to trump my reality TV geekdom... like you CROSSING A BORDER to see this. ;):P

LOL ... i'm doin' Buffalo because I have a connection, the tix are free, and I get a night in a hotel with my hot wife :D

I want to be able to see Brooke Burke and Storm from the front row too :P

BrookeBurke.jpg98_bartender_portland.jpgband_press2.jpg

They will be bringing along Brooke to some shows (before she gets too pregnant) and hopefully a few other contestants. From what I undertand the show will go:

House Band w/ various contestants performing

Dave Navarro's Panic Channel

Supernova

All I know is it's gonna be on a Saturday night and we're going to party like rockstars (and be at the same hotel most likely). Hoepfully we'll be on Newsted's side and I can yell out for them to play Sweet Leaf ... or maybe a Mule tune .

Should be good for some shits and giggles ... and hot groupies running around :P

Hey Kev, I think the show I posted about is a completely different deal. It's NOT part of the Rockstar Supernova tour. It is being promoted as just "Dilana and Magni". I had heard a couple weeks back that they were going out on the road together.

Got more info about it: It's gonna be outdoors (rain or shine) in the parking lot of the bar, 1200 tickets to be sold. I smell a disaster. ;)

Got more info about it: It's gonna be outdoors (rain or shine) in the parking lot of the bar, 1200 tickets to be sold. I smell a disaster. ;)

More info: tickets will be $20 and the outdoor concert actually takes place during THE DAY. There will be a VIP performance later that night, limited to 100 tickets. No word yet on how much those will cost. Looks more and more like a quick money grab and my interest is waning.

There's an ad in the bands section of the The Ottawa Musician website; scroll down to the Sept. 14 entries, and it reads:

Hey Y'all, Just wanted to let you know about a cool promotion that Coca-Cola will be doing with The Thirsty Toad regarding their ROCKSTAR ENERGY DRINK. Starting in October on Every Saturday your fans will have the chance to "Party Like a Rock Star". Every Saturday 6 individuals will get a limo ride to the bar and back, access to a roped off V.I.P. booth as well as complimentary food and beverages through out the night. They will get their own server and security and an optimal view of the stage. On many nights the ROCKSTAR charge and the ROCKSTAR girls will also be at the bar. The party will get started on October 7, 2006 which a HUGE yet-to-be-announced headliner along with two weeks of radio buys on The Bear announcing concerts at The Thirsty Toad as well as introduction of the promotion. Feel free to forward this around to other friends and bands! Bookings are filling up fast! Contact me for more details!

jdbaskin@gmail.com

The Sept. 12 entries include one announcing the bar:

The Thirsty Toad Lounge is located at Bank and Riverside, 1344 Bank Street. It is in close proximity to Carleton University as well as The Glebe. There is also easy bus access as it is in walking distance from Billings Bridge Bus terminal. On the first floor there is a full-service bar for people to get a drink/bite before the show or maybe escape some of the action. \Speakers and plasma screens around the bar will keep people in touch with what is going upstairs (where the stage is). The sound will be piped downstairs and cameras will be placed upstairs so people can still see what's going on. The club has a 24-channel mixer, and I would compare the sound system to Mavericks although I believe it is more powerful. They have a ton of cool lighting effects, lights with mirrors, white stage lights, fog, siren, strobe etc...3 monitors. An array of Shure and AKG mics, capacity is 175. There is also a heated patio next to the stage where people can smoke and still watch/hear the band. Free Sound & beverages are provided to any band or promoter using the venue. There is also an appetizer menu available until 1am. The band green room is very large and has a 30" plasma screen, a ps2 and a hammock. There is also loads and loads of free parking, as well as easy bus access as it is in walking distance from Billings Bridge. Please contact Joel Baskin (Pilot Music Productions) @ 613-301-5635 for any booking info.

jdbaskin@gmail.com

Aloha,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

There's a review in today's Ottawa Sun. A notable quote:

For pub owner Jason Strachan, the success of the event proved that there is a huge, untapped market for live concerts in Ottawa. He's bringing Rock Star's Suzie McNeil and Susan "Storm" Large to the pub in October and Ryan Star on Nov. 4.

"We are going to open a bigger venue in the spring," he said. "Ottawa is ready for a new kind of music scene."

Aloha,

Brad