Jambands.ca

No camping at Killaloe?

DevO

I was going to say something about this tomorrow morning... Velvet mentioned that this show is happening at the same place as the OM Festival. I think he assumed that there would be camping for this as well... I've got 3 people with no place to stay, so if anyone can help us out we'd be most appreciative... I know we're close to Algonquin Park, but I don't know if anyone will be in any shape to drive there after the show. Let's get this organized...

there is no camping on the craft fair site...I've played this twice in years gone by and it is a BLAST. There could be some provincial park action. The killaloe locals ae super cool and i'm sure will be able to suggest some options...I have several friends from killaloe so if I can find anything out about camping, I will report back later today.

Hey all, I got a message back from Peter Benner last night. Peter is the guy who booked nero for the festival, he's on the board of directors, and he is the person who is responsible for the leasing the property to Om fest etc, which leads me to believe he owns the land. I just relistened to his message, and in addition to saying that the gates open at 3:20 on Friday afternoon, with the music starting an hour later, he also said, and I quote, "Camping is cool, camping is encouraged, we have lots of room for camping."

Direct from his mouth to my answering machine's computer chip.

He seemed pretty clear to me. If anybody still has concerns about this or anything about KCCF, post here and I'll give Peter a call.

Velvet, my only concern is having nowhere to crash after driving 4 1/2 hours to get to a show... I'll bring my tent, but if I get shut out of camping, I'm sleeping in the back seat of your car, you can have the front... deal?

I just called Peter again and left him a message. As soon as he gets back to me I'll post the info here, but regardless, I'm pretty confident we're all good on the camping.

So who's coming up Friday to catch The Tummies at the open stage on Friday night?

I think I'll be up there alone on Friday night myself. I'll probably hit the open stage and then cruise the grounds looking for jams and new friends. If you wanna find me I'll be the short-haired narc-lookalike in glasses with a guitar and pretty drunk. Come say hi. My narcalike name is Todd. When I'm playing the guitar we go by The Tummies. When I'm really especially hammered, just call me Mung, put my guitar away and grab me a drink to shut me up about "whersh me fruggin gitttar. Djew frugglin blake my dittarr?". Thank you.

Hope to see you there.

Oh yeah, I guess that's a picture of us right there. So, just look for those guys.

Hmmm. Though I like having a new fancy-shmancy avatar, it recently occured to me that it's perhaps pretty cheesy having a picture of my own band as an avatar. Sorry if it's cheesy, I'll maybe start seeking out something else.

Jesus fucking christ, would you stop doing that?!? It's frightening, and not a very nice thing to do to these kind people. I think that's Mung anyway...

If only I knew how to post pictures...Remember the donkey Pablo, just remember the freaking donkey. And yes, there WAS film in that camera.

Archived