Jambands.ca

Uday & Qusay (ruined my lunch)

Freeker

Just another timely distraction... It always seems that when Bush really needs a victory to confuses and bedazzle the American people its always right at han. My guess, they killed those two months ago when pop. ratings were high and the didn't need the good publicity, now that pop ratings are low...time-release the good news...justifies everything making people forget how angry they were at the beginning of the week because their soldiers were being killed in a guerilla war that is taking place well after the US and Bush said "the end of hostility" in a war the US lied to get into. Still his pop. rating is at 59% a huge drop from what it was but still way higher than most other presidents even though he's done more damage to the economy since Herbert Hoover.

Does anyone notice all the striking similaritys to "Wag The Dog", the US gov't is almost stealing lines directly from the script these days. For instense Liberia, a great distraction coming into an US election run, almost sounds made up, has got a flag (Star and Stripes)and a president (Taylor) people can recognize and understand almost subconsciensly. Next, my new favorite "ol shoe" Jessica Lynch, that captured american "hero" who supposedly has amenisia and can't remember anything, leaving the US gov't to help fill in the blanks - such as even after being shot she still managed to unload her clip at the enemy while protecting other soldiers - BULLSHIT! SHe was prolly found knock out in her Humvee. I've even read reports stating that there was no daring night time raid to get her back the Iraqis that had her, were treating her wounds, and when they couldn't help they approached the US gov't to give her back. But the US needs a poster boy..or in this case girl. She has been sequestered from the meddia for months, her press conference yesterday was cut down to 2.5 minutes, no questions were allowed.... AND NOW they have a song "Ol country Road" that everyone sings when they talk about her (I saw Dan Rather sing, well speak the whole fucking song) For those of you who have seen "Wag the Dog" something like this is WAY too close to the script.

Do you think Ari knew the shit storm was coming and thats why he booked it right before the fake weapon report shit came out. Oh well tony Blair's got more to worry aobut these days then fake dossiers eh.

see everything, believe nothing...

U.S. releases photos of Saddam's sons

Last Updated Thu, 24 Jul 2003 12:29:44

BAGHDAD - The U.S. military has made public pictures it says are the sons of Saddam Hussein. The pictures of the blood-splattered bodies were released in Baghdad Thursday.

Uday, 39, and Qusay, 37, were killed Tuesday in a U.S. attack on a villa where they had been staying in Mosul in northern Iraq.

The photos show the bodies of the two men, taken from the chest up. The photos are graphic, one showing blood flecks against a white sheet or white plastic. One of the bodies appears to be in a bodybag.

Uday Hussein's face is heavily bearded and appears to have been bruised.

The released photos include X-ray slides that were used to identify one of the bodies.

U.S. officials said a reason for releasing the photos was to show Iraqis that Saddam's sons have been killed.

Guest Low Roller

I don't really want to see the photos because they won't really tell me anything I need to know and will probably just leave the imagery of dead bodies in my mind for the rest of the day.

This war has repeadetly violated the Geneva Convention and has validated my opinion that the United Nations is an outdated organization that serves as more of a political stepping stone for smaller countries rather than a world tribunal. Countries like China (Tibet), the U.S. (Guantanamo Bay), and Russia (Chechnya) are notorious for doing what the hell they please and ignore the U.N.

Once/If the conflict in Iraq ends, the only way for the U.N. to redeem itself would be to hold a trial for George Bush and Tony Blair, holding them accountable for their actions should they be found guilty of war crimes. Of course we know that will never happen.

....that could happen LR.

Margaret Thatcher actually had (she's not healthy enough to travel anymore) to think twice about travelling abroad in recent years, due to fears that she could be prosecuted for war crimes because of the British invasion of Granada(Falkans?) or whatever it was in the 80's....

Archived