Jambands.ca

roll call: Matisyahu

afro poppa

I just saw the following post on Craigslist...

MATISYAHU 10/22 THE DOCKS TORONTO CHEAPEST - $20

Reply to: sale-224059363@craigslist.org

Date: 2006-10-22, 9:33AM EDT

Selling 6 tickets for Matisyahu tonight at the Docks Night Club in Toronto. tickets are $20.00. Please contact Eddie via email or call me at (847) 720-4995. Way less than face value!! Tickets can be emailed (TICKETFAST)!!

i'd pay $20 again, but not $37+

think this is legit?

well i'm gld i got the guest list hook up,, i wouldnt have payed 40 bucks to see that.

all the songs / jams sounded really simaler, and towards the end it got pretty repetitive.

It was cool to see the diversity of the croud from 75 year old grandmothers, to the parents and 13 year old kids

I really felt like i was in synagauge

damn afro your quick to get on here, pleasure meeting you! what a great show some heavy thumping dub, crowd sucked but what do you expect for an all ages show?

yea it was great meeting you as well my friend, sorry I had to bail so quickly on our conversation. Hopefully we will party soon enough.

well i'm gld i got the guest list hook up,, i wouldnt have payed 40 bucks to see that.

all the songs / jams sounded really simaler, and towards the end it got pretty repetitive.

It was cool to see the diversity of the croud from 75 year old grandmothers, to the parents and 13 year old kids

I really felt like i was in synagauge

hah! me too!

organizationally (is that even a word?) speaking, i'd say the docks was a bit of a cluster fuck last night... parking, standing in the rain, late doors, security checks, beer barcades, two hour wait once you got in the door to see him, etc... i would have done things a hell of a lot differently.

and i really did feel like i was in a synagogue too, understandable though... i did go to see matisyahu... but yah, i vote on the crowd sucking.. they definitely weren't the positive happy go lucky crowd that i like to see at most shows... but rather the kind of people that refuse to budge an inch just so you can get by to go to the washroom. grrrrrrr! that sucks!

as for the show itself, i felt like a lot of the tunes were run offs from the previous... there were a few fun jams that i could get down too... mostly i was just in awe of the rockstar status this guy has achieved amongst the Jewish people... god-like stances and all!! luckily my ticket only cost $15 and not $40. now, at least i can say i know better.

i had fun though.. really!