Jambands.ca

Phish concert organizer dies in crash

Basher

Please be super-careful as always folks!

Phish concert organizer dies in crash

By Associated Press , 7/29/2003 18:49

LIMESTONE, Maine (AP) A concert organizer for the band Phish was killed Tuesday when his car struck an embankment at the intersection of Route 89 and West Gate Road, police said.

James Willox, 43, of Dedham, Mass., was in northern Maine to help set up the band's appearance this weekend before an expected crowd of more than 60,000 people at the former Loring Air Force Base.

Willox died at the scene of the accident at around 2 a.m., state police said. Speed and driver fatigue were cited as the likely causes.

put a damper on things?

Have you seen last night's setlist? If anything, Phish RAGED in his memory (hence the rare DANIEL opener> it's a bluegrass-choir tune that SMOKES!). Surprised they didn't open up with Possum, but I guess that'd be too tongue and cheek. Anyone remember the "car-accident" theme show they did years ago on the anniversary of the phan who died in a car accident after a show?

sorry to sound so crude.

my thoughts go to whomever might be emotionally touched by his passing- family or otherwise- which is why I hope it doesn't set a bad tone for the weekend- I'm sure there would be many people involved in the weekend that may have been close to him but it could be cathartic for those who need a release for thier grief,

hopefully as with a lot Phish- this ends up a celebration of the great things he helped to realize and create!

Archived