Jambands.ca

How's the Gypso Co-op in Toronto?

bradm

I'll be in Toronto next weekend (Dec. 1 - 5), and will be lodged at King St. W. and Bathurst. I'm trying to figure out where I and my family can go for a nice dinner on Saturday night, and am wondering about Gypso Co-op. The menu looks good (albeit a bit pricy and up-scale, but that's OK), and it'll give me the opportunity to check the place out and figure out the best way to record Mr. Something Something there later that night.

Has anybody had dinner there? What's it like? Would I need to make a reservation for three people who want to sit down around, say, 5:30pm?

Aloha,

Brad

The Food there is Amazing! Nuno and Randy are Master Chefs and have created an amazing regular menu and always try to do something interesting with the specials. Their soups are made from scratch everyday, and there's no stopping them from putting squash into everything... even stir fry's. If you're not 'adventerous' then the Organic Chicken Dish is cooked to perfection and has a savory gravy which reminds me of the holiday diners my Mom used to make! The Gypsy Platter is a tasty and reasonably priced started for the whole table with funky presentation which will make you feel like you paid more for it than you did. I've seen their food order list, and there's about two dozen vegetables, herbs, and other ingredients that this simpleton has never heard of before. The sound system is awful... but thankfully Mr. Something Something is loud enough on their own that it won't be a serious issue!

Edited by Guest