Jambands.ca

montreal ...places to go?

snarfmaster C

especially looking for restaurant suggestions that will have something vegan, and a coffeeshop nearby that will have soy milk (is this a hard thing to find in montreal?)

i will be staying on sherbrooke close to st denis

i will possibly be up for some music or culture of some sort on wednesday evening - suggestions?

mooser

for vegan, go with Chu Chai (Thai) on St. Denis, Aux Vivres on St. Laurent, Pharmacie Esparanza for light food and coffee at St. Laurent and St. Viateur. Le Commensal has buffet-style lunches downtown with lots of vegan options as well.

I'm afraid that soy milk coffee will rule out pretty much all the badass coffee joints since there kind of purists. some of them won't even serve decaf. You'll probably have to hit the chain spots, which is mostly what they have down in that neighborhood anyhow.

For entertainment, check out www.montrealshows.com for listings. Also look in the www.montrealmirror.com. Casa del popolo and Le Cheval Blanc have good vibes iwth live music if you're looking for that. Don't know much else that's going on since I'm not in town right now.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: you're thinking of Main Hall I think. And if memory serves I suggested you go to the Guyanese place, "Curry Garden" for food. Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else though. It's about 15 blocks north of where you're at. You can take the bus or a cab straight up St. Laurent and get there easily.

Edited by Guest

Café Santropol. Their sandwiches will change your life and I'm certain you could get all the veganism you wanted there.

Definitely what I was going to recommend. My prediction is that you will eat the Killer Tomato sandwich. Myself, I like the meat, so I go for the Santropol sandwich. But all the vegan / vegetarian sammiches there are superdelish.

anyone remember the slip show in some unmarked upstairs open high-ceilinged smoke-filled room in the spring? am i anywhere near that? i went to a place near there that served wicked good food.

There is wicked good food everywhere in Montreal, you won't go hungry that is for sure!

AD

cool! i've got santropol added to my mapquest print-out here :) looks close to my place too!

i guess i'll pass on the curry garden (ya, that is where i went, Blane) looks like there will be plenty of good eats closer by.

fêves sucrées i'm getting excited for this trip! ...especially once i've made it through my presentation tomorrow.

Goto aux vive for vegan food. and Segals food mart located on st lauant near duluth. natura soy milk all flavors for around a buck. cheapest grocery store in montreal. I used to work there... aux vive is on st. laurent and that is up from Rachel. since there isn't any smoking in montreal i guess the shisha cafe's must be closed. I think i miss montreal.