Jambands.ca

Bob Weir

bouche

The house band for last nights big Democrat party appears to have had Bob Weir and friends doing Truckin'. I wonder what else happened?

They had waited a long time for this night to party, nibble on goat cheese ravioli with pumpkin and truffle, wipe their lips with paper napkins embossed in gold with "Speaker Pelosi January 4, 2007," listen to former members of the Grateful Dead sing "Truckin' " and Tony Bennett sing "I Left My Heart in San Francisco."

Scott Orellana, 30, an insurance claims processor from Rockville, dressed in a gray suit with his long hair neatly pulled back, was walking up and down the line holding a cardboard sign that said, "I need a miracle," and holding up one finger -- universal parking-lot Dead code for seeking a ticket.

On the other side, his sign said, "Let me see Nancy Pelosi and the DCCC." "I'm excited about the new Congress. I'm excited about Nancy Pelosi being the first woman speaker of the House," Orellana said. "If I had $1,000 I'd definitely give a contribution, but I don't have $1,000."

At the last minute, just as the party was about to begin, a wired Democrat and fellow Dead fan -- who sheepishly would only be identified as a political consultant -- slipped Orellana a ticket.

The Deadhead got his miracle -- and maybe so have the Democrats gotten theirs.

So now they are going to use the last thing left that stands for freedom; The Grateful Dead, against us? I know that Pelosi is a head and a few other congress persons' also claim to be but...how many more lies can we believe?? Blue or Red, Left or Right, they are all still using people to further a bullshit agenda. Im glad to see Bobby even wore his tie, I wonder if he wrapped it around Pelosi's head while he shoved a cigar... ;)